Fedora 14's artwork follows the process started on Fedora 12 by having one theme concept (inspired by the release codename) that everyone works together on. We're hoping to produce higher-quality artwork in a more timely manner this way.
Detailed schedule with dates for F14 is not yet available.
- (Done) F14 Codename decided — 2010-05-11
- Concepts submission deadline — 2010-07-06
- Alpha wallpapers deadline — 2010-07-30
- Alpha wallpapers packaging — 2010-08-03
- Gathering feedback for Alpha wallpapers — 2010-08-03 – 2010-08-17
- Beta wallpapers deadline and packaging — 2010-09-07
- Final wallpapers design deadline/packaging — 2010-10-11
- Submissions deadline — 2010-08-19
- Selection of final set deadline — 2010-08-20
- Verify wallpaper licenses with authors / contact authors to thank them — 2010-08-20 – 2010-09-07
- Packaging — 2010-09-07
- Alpha release banner graphics due at 2010-08-13
- Beta release banner graphics due at 2010-09-17
- Final release banner graphics due at 2010-10-25
- Release counter graphics due at 2010-09-21
- Beta Splash Screens due at 2010-09-07
- GRUB, SysLinux, Firstboot, Anaconda, KDM, KSplash
- Final Splash Screens due at 2010-10-11
- DVD sleeves due at 2010-10-05
- Release posters due at 2010-10-18
The codename for F14 is Laughlin, design concepts based upon this name will be favoured.
WIP Concepts and designs
You can see all the concepts on the F14_Artwork_Theme_Concepts page.
Final theme concept
Refreshes to Alpha designs
You can see all the submissions on the F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions page.
You can see all the submissions on the F14_Artwork_Banners_Submissions page.
You can see all the supporting graphics on the F14_Artwork_Supporting_Grahics page.