Supplemental wallpapers are the non-default wallpapers provided with Fedora. Usually Fedora ships GNOME upstream supplemental wallpapers. We are going to collect a set of community-submitted wallpapers for Fedora 19. Still not sure what a supplemental wallpaper is? Look below at the wallpaper selection UI below - what appears in this dialog but is *Not* the default wallpaper is a 'supplemental' wallpaper.
All submissions or contributions:
- Must be covered by the Contributor License Agreement. We cannot accept contributions from individuals who have not signed the CLA in the Fedora Account System. The CLA allows us to properly license artwork submissions for distribution with Fedora and other Fedora projects.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- Should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another approved liberal open source license. See a list of approved licenses for Fedora.
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks of any kind
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- No sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- No images of weapons or violent imagery
- No alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
- No images of hats, particularly fedoras. (This is a matter of respect for our primary sponsor, Red Hat, Inc., and is not negotiable. Of course, passive appearance of hats, such as those upon heads in a crowd, may be allowed.)
- No version numbers. End users might prefer to continue to use an older theme, or use the latest theme in their older version of Fedora. To enable that choice, do not use any version numbers within the Fedora artwork.
- No text. Text should not be used in the backgrounds because the artwork is intended for a global audience and to be reused by derivative distributions.
- Should not contain images of people (contemporary, historical, or fictional)
- Should not contain images of pets, or captive or mistreated animals
- Must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats include SVG and PNG. Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at a high resolution.
- Should be provided in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio if possible.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
- Should strive for subtlety and poetry
- Avoid high frequency images (http://forensicphotoshop.blogspot.com/2009/04/low-frequency-vs-high-frequency.html)
- A soft focus is one way to achieve this
- As the name suggests, visually, it should settle into the "background" of the activity scene.
- Fewer details on left side allows for good readability for primary icons on the desktop.
- Keep in mind that many users have icons covering the entire desktop view.
- Do not compete for the user's attention
The following adjectives should be used to select an appropriate design:
- (Region/country specific content)
<gallery perrow="4"> Diamantina.JPG | Diamantina by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Layers-wallpaper-thumb.jpg | Layers by Peter Jones CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Bird.JPG | Bird Ryan Lerch CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image frog-prince.jpg | Frog Prince by María Tatica Leandro CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image chichiriviche.jpg | chichiriviche by María Tatica Leandro CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image fedora-beach.jpg | Fedora Beach by María Tatica Leandro CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image grass.jpg | Grass by Brian Lane CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Tambaba.jpg | Tambaba by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image African Praying Mantis in Spain 2560x1440 96dpi.jpg | African Praying Mantis by Jukka Palander CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Atlantic_Ocean_at_Conil_de_la_Frontera_Spain_1560x1440_96dpi.jpg | Atlantic Ocean by Jukka Palander CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Cactus 2560x1440 96dpi.jpg | Cactus by Jukka Palander CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image IMG 2025xxx.JPG | Margaridas by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Gunbatimi.png | Sunset by Onuralp SEZER CC-BY-SA 3.0 Full-size image Yellow flower 02.JPG | Yellow Flower02 by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Daisie.JPG | Daisie.JPG by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Nomadelfia.jpeg | Nomadelfia.jpeg by Diego Turtulici CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Santa_maria_colorata_3.jpeg | Santa_maria_colorata_3.jpeg by Diego Turtulici CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Img_0001_31.jpeg | Img_0001_31.jpeg by Diego Turtulici CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Tulips-2013 small.jpg | Tulips by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Grand_Canyon_Framed_small.jpg | Grand Canyon Framed by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Moon_cornered.jpg | Moon Cornered by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Underneath_small.jpg | Underneath by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Autumn_Lights_small.jpg | Autumn Lights by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Pencils_fedora_wallpaper_16_9_small.jpg| Color Pencils by houz (Tobias Ellinghaus) CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Oil_fedora_wallpaper_16_9_small.jpg| Oil by houz (Tobias Ellinghaus) CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Sanibel-Gulls.jpg| Sanibel Gulls by mizmo (Máirín Duffy) CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Late_Fall_Frost_on_Fern_Leaves.jpg| Late Fall Frost On Fern Leaves by Gary Stafford CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Dried_Flower_Petals.jpg|Dried Flower Petals by Gary Stafford CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Cactus_small.jpg|Cactus by Matt Hirsch CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Plant_small.jpg|Plant by Matt Hirsch CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Forficulate.png| Forficulate by Salvatore Bognanni CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Folha01.JPG | Folha01.JPG by Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Fedora-printed-thumb.jpg | Fedora Printed by Miro Hrončok CC-BY-3.0 Full-size image Chestnuts.jpg | Chestnuts by Luigi Mazari CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image PalazzoVecchio_small.jpg | Palazzo Vecchio by Luigi Mazari CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Bluescherian.png| Blue Escherian by Salvatore Bognanni CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Weinblatt_morgentau-1.jpg| Wine In The Morning by Charly Kühnast CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Morgentau-02.jpg| Morning Dew by Charly Kühnast CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Wheels of time.jpg | Wheels of time by Man in black CC-BY-SA-3.0 Full-size image Venice.png | Tea Break In Venice by Yauhen Shulitski CC-BY-SA-3.0 Media:Venice.png