This is the main page for Latam Ambassadors FAD, which is a FAD focused on Fedora Ambassadors internal organization.
This FAD is focused on solving some problems of organization and others like:
- Budget problems.- In the last months, there have been budget problems due new reforms community which we could not adapt easily, for example check it out potty's comment message here
- Logistics problems.- With the last changes in the community, have been difficult to produce the necessary swags for the events (like FLISOL) and as always, the problem of refunds is recurrent (for example see the tickets   ).
- Community impact issues.- Over the years, it has always talked about the ambassador's role to publicize the pros of using Fedora, join to the community and above all, "recruiting new collaborators." However, there is not a coherent strategy to attract collaborators yet. Since each Latin American country has a different reality face, some of them with a very low user base.
For the above reasons, it is necessary to have a FAD where we can focus exclusively on solving these problems. With it, we can fulfill our aims like promote Fedora and to get new and actives ambassadors.
¿Why on-site FAD?
To discuss the issues stated in the past paragraphs with full freedom and time to make decisive decisions for the whole Fedora Latin-American community. This event is intended to improve our organization that will help to fulfill the objectives of the ambassadors throughout time.
- The main purpose is create a work plan for Latam Ambassadors aligned to new Fedora Project objetives with the following primary goals:
- Create a strategy for Latam ambassadors to improve their activities (events, meetups, enrollment process, etc) to match with the new fedora objectives.
- Create complementary rules for events organizations/coordinations, funding request, tickets management process, and similar tasks.
- Establish procedures about the planning of budgets according to the last changes in the Fedora project.
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- Establish a strategy for swags production and distribution for all Latam countries.
- Create strategies for reimbursement process for Latam countries(or improve the existing rules).
- Establish criteria to prioritize important events to allocate resources.
- Create a calendar of important events in Latin America (FLISOL, FISL, LATINOWARE, etc) and by individual countries.
- Plan reinduction / mentoring sessions for ambassadors in new policies.
- Establish a ticket reviewer, their work rules and ticket review criteria.
- Create specific goals for fedora aligned to the fedora community mission.
- Create specific strategies for fedora community in LATAM based on maked goals.
- Create specific activities and task to improve the community and enroll colaborators into the fedora community.
- Identify success cases of fedora in LATAM and choose target groups to divulge fedora.
- Make complementary rules and procedures to make suitable budgets by quarter.
- Make complementary rules and procedures to request these resources (buy and reimbursement).
The completion of these goals will create the following positive changes within the project:
- Planning the budget in better way we can optimize the investment and achieve better impact in the Latin American community.
- Improving the actual rules will be achieved to improve the time of approval of the tickets and their quality so as to optimize the expense (better-targeted spending).
- The strategies that will be developed should increase the number, active and productive participation so that more effective and constant collaborators can be reached.
These outcomes connect with the following Fedora Community Objectives by:
- Creating a Free (as in Freedom) distribution : Having a strategy for ambassadors, it will be possible to have more collaborators in the medium and long term. This will improve the future distributions of Fedora.
- Building open source software communities : Improving the actual rules, conduct code, guide of operations (tickets, events, etc), we can get a harmonious coexistence within the ambassador's group and strengthen the community.
- Developing the science and practice of building communities : The application of the strategies that will be created will help to generate interest groups and they will be able to develop the distribution and it's scientific, educational, etc. use.
Detailed Work Items & Final Attendees
|Name||Remote?||City and Country||Confirmation|
|Alex Irmel Oviedo Solis(Local coordination only)||Cusco - Peru||X|
|Tonet Jallo||Puno - Peru||X|
|Itamar Reis Peixoto||Uberlandia - Brasil|
|José Reyes||Panama City - Panama||X|
|Eduard Lucena||Santiago de Chile - Chile||X|
|Fredy Condori||La Paz - Bolivia||X|
|Adrian Soliard||Cordoba - Argentina||X|
|Brian Exelbierd||Czech Republic||X|
|09:00 - 09:30||Organizing team||Reception of attendees|
|09:30 - 09:45||Alex Oviedo||Welcome talk|
|09:45 - 10:00||all attendees||Self-introduction||Each must present himself (include: full name,|
nickname, country of origin, etc.)
|10:00 - 11:00||Brian Exelbierd||Project fedora: Explanation of the new mission
and the objectives of the fedora project.
|11:00 - 12:00||all attendees||Regional and by country diagnostics||Each participant must show a diagnosis of their country,|
- Fedora user groups and collaborators.
|12:00 - 13:00|
|13:00 - 15:00||Lunch|
|15:00 - 16:00||Neville Cross||Success stories of the fedora community in Latam||Yn1v will show cases of success that we can |
replicate in other countries
|16:00 - 17:00||All attendes||Define specific objectives for the fedora community
|It should be noted that:
- This is a team of volunteers with different jobs in
|17:00 - 18:00||Break|
|18:00 - 19:00||Eduard Lucena||Escribir para Fedora Magazine||Talk general public (students, teachers, techies).|
|19:00 - 20:00||Adrian Soliard||Seguridad Básica en Fedora||Talk general public (students, teachers, techies).|
|09:00 - 10:00|| Brian Exelbierd
|Project fedora: Explanation of the new mission and the
objectives of the fedora project(remind).
|10:00 - 11:00||all attendees||Define specific strategies for LATAM and its metrics||Create suitable strategies to to develop the Latin american |
community based on objectives defined the previous
|11:00 - 12:00|
|12:00 - 13:00|
|13:00 - 15:00||Lunch|
|15:00 - 16:00||All attendees||Define specific activities for LATAM||Here we can plan some activities based on |
|16:00 - 17:00|
|17:00 - 18:00||Break|
|18:00 - 19:00||Jose Reyes||Porque es importante ser usuario y contribuidor fedora||Talk general public (students, teachers, techies).|
|19:00 - 20:00||Eduard Lucena||Virtualización Libre: virt-manager y Gnome Boxes||Talk general public (students, teachers, techies).|
|09:00 - 10:00||All attendees||Improve logistic procedures||We must improve:|
- Centralize the production of swags and distribution.
|10:00 - 11:00|
|11:00 - 12:00||All attendees||Improve behavior and meeting standards||In this activity all existing rules will be collected |
and some will be added (only the necessary)
|12:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
Work out budget Decide on Dates and Location Arrange Facilities List Resources Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Location: Cusco - Peru
- Date:: July 13, 14 and 15.
- Personnel (people who might fit the bill)
- Alex Irmel Oviedo Solis - As helper only(Peru)
- Tonet Jallo(Peru)
- Itamar Reis Peixoto(Brasil)
- Jose Reyes(Panama)
- Eduard Lucena(Chile)
- Fredy Condori(Bolivia)
- Adrian Soliard(Argentina)
- Brian Exelbierd(EEUU)
Dinner: Not covered
|Tonet Jallo||Puno - Peru||Cusco - Peru||$40.00|
|Itamar Reis Peixoto||Uberlandia - Brasil||Cusco - Peru||$600.00|
|Abdel Martinez||Panama City - Panama||Cusco - Peru||$570.00|
|Neville Cross||Managua - Nicaragua||Cusco - Peru||$760.00|
|Eduardo Echeverria||Bogota - Colombia||Cusco - Peru||$425.00|
|Eduard Lucena||Santiago de Chile - Chile||Cusco - Peru||$410.00|
|Fredy Condori||La Paz - Bolivia||Cusco - Peru||$80.00|
|Adrian Soliard||Parana - Argentina||Cusco - Peru||$700.00|
|Brian Exelbierd||FCAIC||Cusco - Peru||$0.00 - bex's travel comes from a RH budget, not Fedora|
- Travel: $ 3 585.00
- Housing: $ 650.00
- Space: $00.00 (Universidad Global del Cusco Main sponsor)
- Supplies: $370.00
- Lunch for 12 people x 3 days
- Snacks for 12 people x 3 days
- Printed Material (copies, work papers, etc)
- Local transportation
Total budget: $4 605.00