FAD China 2014
A general introduction of FAD can be found here.
FAD China 2014 will be under the umbrella of Open Source Technology Conference (OSTC) 2014 initiated by CSDN. It will be one of parallel sessions. The conference is to provide a communication platform for open source developers & communities, to promote open source technology & local projects and to facilitate the open source ecosystem buildup in China. The slogan of this conference is “Open Mind, Open Source”.
- Our purpose is to complete with the following primary goals:
- track FUDCon planning progress
- assign following FUDCon planning tasks
- call for attention of crowd to upcoming FUDCon
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- promote Fedora in China
- share cutting edge technologies related to Fedora
- experiencing cooperation with CSDN
When & Where
- Date & Time: Mar 30 Sun afternoon and evening
- Location: Park Plaza of Beijing Science Park, Beijing（北京丽亭华苑酒店）
- Nearby Subway：Line 10, Zhichunlu Station, Exit F
Lunch: provided to speakers.
Open Source Night: BoF event for all speakers and selected attendees, beer & snacks provided.
Community attendees should register the event on this link. The deadline is set to Mar 23.
- Afternoon: presentations, lightning talks or panel discussion
- Night: social event "Open Source Night"
|18:30~20:00||Open Source Night|
Topics and Agenda
The call for presentation and lightning talk (CFP) is available on CSDN website. Please submit your presentation on this website.
- 25 min talk + 5 min Q&A
- Content should be relevant to session themes and focus on open source. (Open source OS, open source community are appropriate topics for FAD)
- Slides are necessary. Video demo, live demo, and hands-on can also be included.
- 5~10 min short talk
- May introduce an open source project, community and so on
- On-site registration is also OK.
- Speakers submit the topic, introduction, and outline of the presentation on OSTC website.
- All submitted topics will be reviewed by the conference committee.
- After review, selected speakers will receive invitation.
- Presentation submission: Mar 7, 2014
- Invitation notification: Mar 14, 2014
|Presentation||Fedora Ambassadors & FUDCon||Alick Zhao|
|Women in Open Source Communities||Emily Chen|
|When Radio Meet Open Source||孙忆南 & 王康|
|Fedora Copr||Robin Lee|
|Panel||Open Source OS in China|