Fedora Ambassador Day EMEA 2008
The goal of FAD EMEA 2008 is to establish Fedora's EMEA leadership team for 2009 and to plan the upcoming year's events and priorities.
To make this event the greatest ever, we need the help of everyone who's planning to attend this event:
- State your preference on the date.
- State your preference on the location (you may also add a city that's not yet on the list).
- Add yourself to the list of attendees.
- Add your ideas to the fun agenda.
- If you have any other idea, comment, rant, or something else the responsible ambassadors should now - don't hesitate, tell them!
For easier tracking and a little easier oversight, please use your FAS-Name to add your preferences/ideas! For the list of attendees, we need your full name (linked to your user page).
We were thinking the FAD should take place well after the FUDCon (early September) and before the end of 2008.
State your preference:
November -- MSpevack, GeroldKa (mid), red (mid/end), Giangy, CWickert, wonderer, fab
December -- red (early)
We were not thinking too much here. Basel is near the location of the two past FAD EMEA. Both cities have one of the both responsible ambassadors living nearby and both feature an airport. Basel seems more central for Europeans (especially German, French and Italian ambassadors, which are the most active in EMEA) while the Italians stated, that it's cheaper for them to fly to Amsterdam. Feel free to add more pro/contra arguments, that might help us with the decision.
Basel -- red, GeroldKa, Robert, wonderer, fab
Amsterdam -- FCrippa, Giangy, MSpevack, CWickert, romal
- TBD after we choose a location
- Sandro Mathys
- GeroldKassube (depends on the location and my personal money situation)
- Robert M. Albrecht (only in Amsterdam, traveling to Basel is too expensive)
- Christoph Wickert (if possible, depends on time and location)
- Henrik Heigl (if possible, depends on money situation)
Feel free to add important topics to the list. But keep in mind, that we're very limited in time!
- Status update for FOSDEM 2009.
- Planning the Fedora EMEA priorities for March 2009 - February 2010, to coincide with Red Hat's budget year.
- What do we want to focus on in addition to events?
- What do we need from Red Hat?
- What are the biggest problems Fedora faces in EMEA?
- How are our smaller communities doing?
Feel free to add your own ideas. Please note, that we most probably won't make this decision public before the FAD has begun - see it as a little surprise. We might or might not take anything that was suggested here. But your ideas are a great help for brainstorming, anyway.
Depending on the location:
- Football Game -- MSpevack
- Heineken Brewery -- MSpevack
- Augusta Raurica (old Roman city) -- red
- Feldschloesschen Brewery, which is inside a very nice castle -- red
Independant of the location:
- Eat some local food speciality -- GeroldKa / red
- MaxSpevack has indicated that he can provide at least 500 EUR budget for this event. As we get closer, the number may go up. Budget will be used for travel subsidies, lodging subsidies, food, and some fun event.