FAD Fedora Talk 2009
- To code-sprint our way to a better Fedora Talk system, complete with the following primary goals:
- On-demand recording and publishing (or at least dumping into a holding pen)
- Streaming capability for live events (it completely works + documentation on exactly how to set it up and operate at a live events)
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- On-demand conference room setup and teardown
- More control over conference room details (moderation, muting, etc.)
- Better web interface for some limited functionality
- To spread knowledge and awareness of the Asterisk system's capabilities among a pool of people empowered to continue improvements in the future.
- Document configuration of various clients. Jared will bring a suitcase full of different phones to assist in documenting configuration of clients.
- Clean up all the FedoraTalk tickets in the Infrastructure Trac queue by:
- adding a current status to all the tickets with go forward plan(s)
- closing as many tickets as possible
Detailed Work Items & Final Attendees
Need at least one subject matter expert
- Possibly a publictest instance for testing
- A venue to host (Fredericksburg, VA!)
- A couple O'Reilly Asterisk books sent to participants 30 days ahead, with reading recommendations
- Location: Fredericksburg, VA
- Date: Oct 23-25 (Fri-Sun)
- Participants arrive Day 0 (Thu)
- Hack on Day 1-2 (Fri/Sat)
- Participants leave Day 3 (Sun)
- Important skills (one or more)
- Personnel (people who might fit the bill)
- Jared Smith (VA)
- Paul Frields (VA)
- Jeff Ollie (IA)
- John Poelstra (OR)
- Ian Weller (KS)
- Mike McGrath (IL - going to be remote if that's ok)
- Jon Stanley (NY)
- Other considerations
- Jared needs as much advance notice as possible. His October is much busier than September right now.
- Jared is better able to do Friday/Saturday than Saturday/Sunday
- May need to bring this in very cheaply, meaning minimize travel costs overall: play it by the numbers.
- Jeff Ollie can't do September, period, only second weekend in October or later.
- Need to coordinate airport arrivals for everyone. RIC is preferred due to traffic from/to IAD and WAS.
Snacks/Beverages: The office co-working site we're using has goodies available for $0.50 (honor system).
Lunch: We'll order from a nearby vendor and have lunch delivered, to keep the activity and momentum going.
Dinner: We'll head out to Fredericksburg at least one night for dinner. There is a possibility of a homemade dinner from Mrs. FPL one night, but if that falls through we'll have no trouble finding a second dinner location. ;-)
|Ian||ICT 2:25pm||RIC 10:15pm||RIC 11:35am||ICT 3:00pm||$268|
|John||PDX 10:05am||RIC 10:15pm||RIC 1:45pm||PDX 6:45pm||$543|
|Jeff||DSM 3:45pm||RIC 9:35pm||RIC 12:10pm||DSM 3:20pm||$532|
- Airfare: $1,343
- Hotel: ~$330 ((~$91/night + tax) * 3 nights * 1 dbl occupancy rooms)
- Space: We're using the BusinessPlayce office's small conference room on Friday and Saturday. Any night-time gatherings will be at Paul's place, or location TBD. (cost, $250)
Total budget: $1923