This is the main page for The MirrorManager2/FAS3 FAD, which is a FAD focused on MirrorManager2 and FAS3.
- Our purpose is to... complete with the following primary goals:
- Discuss with Matt as much as possible to understand how exactly the application works
- Discuss with Matt about the pieces that are missing in the current version of MirrorManager2
- See if the database schema can be updated/simplified
- Find a way to handle EOL'd releases
- Work on the missing bits
- Finish group management
- Work on the certificate generation
- Work on FasClient
- Port the python-fedora fas client to FAS3
Let's use this table to track who is interested in attending, whether or not they need travel, and what times they are available or not. Please note if you would like to attend/participate remotely as well. (just put 'remote' in the travel or local line).
|Contributor||Travel? or Local?||Project||Possible times?|
|Matt||Fly (USA)||MirrorManager2||Ok for early December|
|pingou||Fly (France)||Both||Ok for that week|
|David||Fly (Seattle, WA, USA)||Both? (definitely MM2, but could help with FAS3)||No other Dec plans as of now|
|You!||fly, drive, local?||MirrorManager2/FAS3/Both||Anytime except May 29th-June 2nd.|
Detailed Work Items & Final Attendees
- Will need folks from infrastructure and releng (ssl certs) there.
See the How to organize a FAD list; you can keep your to-do list here.
- Completed work item
- Work out budget
- Decide on Dates and Location
- Arrange Facilities
- List Resources
- Be Somewhat Structured
- Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Arrange a Social Event
The FAD would take place between December 2nd and December 9th 2014.
- Tuesday 2 : Travel to the US for pingou
- Wednesday 3 : Recover, set up, sightseeing
- Thursday 4 : MirrorManager hackfest with Matt
- Friday 5 : MirrorManager hackfest with Matt - Xavier and Toshio fly in
- Saturday 6 : FAS3 hackfest with Xavier (and Toshio?)
- Sunday 7 : FAS3 hackfest with Xavier (and Toshio?)
- Monday 8 : FAS3 hackfest with Xavier (and Toshio?)
- Tuesday 9 : Travel back
- Location: The Yards at Denargo Market, Denver, Colorado
- Date: December 2nd to December 9th
- Important skills (one or more)
- python coders
- releng processes
- Personnel (people who might fit the bill)
- Matt (MirrorManager 1 author) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Xavier (FAS3 author) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Pingou (MirrorManager2 author, FAS3 contributor) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Dennis (Releng) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Kevin (Infrastructure) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Toshio (FAS2 author) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Name (location, role) Confirmed? (Y/N)
- Other considerations
- Kevin is local and can offer a living room for evening social gatherings.
- Kevin has a car and is willing to do airport pick-ups.
- Potential social events
- Free bar poker tournaments, Sunday-Tuesday
- 1up barcade
- Getting around
Snacks/Beverages: Details go here.
Lunch: Details go here.
Dinner: Details go here.
|Name||Travel to FAD, departure||Travel to FAD, arrival||Travel from FAD, departure||Travel from FAD, arrival||Ticket cost|
|pingou||Dec 2nd, 10:50am||Dec 2nd 9:10pm||Dec 9, 12:00pm||Dec 10, 11:00am||$852 on Aug 18th w/ Delta|
- Travel: $A for airfare, bus, train, etc. funding needed to get attendees to the FAD
- $user, approximately $???
- Total: $????
- Housing: $B for hotel, etc. needed to have attendees sleep during the FAD
- Hotel booking site: http://www.laquintadenvercentral.com/
- Hotel is $110 a night and is a 20 minutes walk from where we will be hacking.
- MirrorManager2 = 5 persons, 2 locals = 3 persons = 2 rooms * 4 nights = $880
- FAS3 = 6 person, 2 locals = 4 persons = 2 rooms * 4 nights = $880
- Total cost: $1760
- Space: $420 (7 days * $60) for renting space to hack in
- We will be hacking at Luke's apartment building
- Supplies: $D for anything else you may need
- Nothing stands out. Just money for food. $25 per day and people = $1100
Total budget: $TBA