FAMNA Reimbursement Guidelines
Guideline for Reimbursements - NA Region
The NA-specific reimbursement guidelines are related to the change of budget handling within the Fedora community. Each region now has its own budget and can set its own guidelines to handle budget requests within limits given by FAmSCo and OSAS.
Following is the process that should be followed.
- Create a wiki page with information about your event (eg: Date and venue, purpose, tentative agenda, detailed budget break down ...)
- Anyone can create the event wiki page, but there should be an event owner (there can be one or more event owners)
- FAmNA meetings are held every Tuesday at 21:00ET (9pm Eastern Time), please participate in the next meeting and get your request approved.
If you want to represent Fedora at an event or hackfest outside your local area, it is possible to ask for travel subsidies to cover the expenses. In such situations, we try our best to cover travel expenses including air fare/fuel/bus fare, boarding/hotel accommodation, etc. Depending on the available budget the request may be approved fully or partially.
- Please make a request at least a month before the event to lower costs, Those costs rise quickly.
- FAmNA meetings are held every Tuesday at 21:00ET, please participate in the next meeting and get your request approved.
- Only Fedora contributors can request funds or other needs (eg: media/swag production)
- FAmNA meetings are held every Tuesday 21:00ET, please participate for the next meeting and get your request approved.
General Considerations for Reimbursements
- No reimbursements for personal purposes (eg: Business cards)
- Don't spend money before your request is approved.
- All amounts should be in USD (US Dollars)
- Don't spend more than what you have requested.
- Once the amount is reimbursed, confirm that you have collected money.
- Fedora does not feed you.
- All predictable and large expenses need to be planned in regional budgets prior to a quarter when they happen. Requests filed before a quarterly budget is approved have better chances to get accepted.
Methods of Reimbursements
Reimbursements in the North America region are made via PayPal.