FESCo meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run a FESCo IRC meeting. Many of the steps here could well apply to other groups that hold regular IRC meetings as well.
24 hours before the meeting is scheduled, do the following tasks:
1. First check the trac ticket items that have the 'meeting' keyword:
2. You may want to ping the Feature Wrangler to ask if there are any new features to discuss.
3. Generate an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org list with the following template:
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the FESCo meeting tomorrow at 17:30UTC (1:30pm EDT) in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net. Links to all tickets below can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 = Followups = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fesco NNN = New business = #topic #NNN Title of ticket .fesco NNN = Fedora Engineering Services tickets = https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/report/6 = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/report/9 If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/fesco, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Replace NNN with the ticket numbers and add in Title of tickets.
Day of meeting
1. Send out a reminder IRC message a bit before the meeting to the #fedora-devel IRC channel.
2. Generate a text file from the following template:
#startmeeting FESCO (YYYY-MM-DD) #meetingname fesco #chair notting nirik ajax cwickert mjg59 mmaslano t8m pjones sgallagh #topic init process #topic #NNN TICKET TITLE ... #topic Next week's chair #topic Open Floor #endmeeting
You can copy and paste in lines from this file as the meeting progresses.
3. Start an email replying to the agenda post from the previous day.
1. Use the lines up to 'init process' to start the meeting.
2. Wait a few for people to show up. Confirm there are at least (5) voting members present for Quorum. If not, cancel meeting.
3. Go through each topic. Watch time on each and if 15minutes are reached, ask if people want to keep discussing that topic or move on.
1. When #endmeeting runs it displays links for the logs. Use the .txt and then .log.txt files in your email created above. Send out right after meeting. (If you wait, it's very easy to forget).
2. Process through tickets. Any approved features can be closed with a note that they were approved.