FUDCon: Fedora Users and Developers Conference
FUD: An acronym for Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. A typical tactic used by the opponents of open source to prevent its widespread adoption.
Con: In opposition or disagreement with; against.
FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, testing and QA, packaging, etc.
FUDCon is always free to attend for anyone in the world.
See Premier Fedora Events for the calendar of upcoming FUDCons and FADs.
Organizing a FUDCon
For organizers (or potential organizers), we have an FUDCon:Organization page with tips on how to plan a FUDCon. This page also includes information about the FUDCon Planning FAD that is part of the process of planning a FUDCon.
- FUDCon Toronto 2009 - Toronto, Canada - December 5 - 7, 2009
- FUDCon Berlin 2009 - Berlin, Germany - June 26 - 28, 2009
- FUDCon Porto Alegre 2009 - Porto Alegre, Brazil - June 24 - 27, 2009
- FUDCon Boston 2009 - Boston, MA - January 9 - 11, 2009
- FUDCon Brno 2008 - Brno, Czech Republic - September 5 - 7, 2008
- FUDCon Boston 2008 - Boston, MA - June 19 - 21, 2008
- FUDCon Berlin 2008 - Berlin, Germany - May 30, 2008
- FUDCon Raleigh 2008 - Raleigh, NC - January 11 - 13, 2008
- FUDCon Online 2007 - A virtual FUDCon - August 11 - 15, 2007
- FUDCon Berlin 2007 - Berlin, Germany - May 31, 2007
- FUDCon Brussels 2007 - Brussels, Belgium - February 23 - 24, 2007
- FUDCon Boston 2007 - Boston, MA - February 2 - 4, 2007