This bid is for the dates of Friday–Sunday, January 18–20, 2013.
Classes at KU start Tuesday, January 22, 2013.
Major Local Airports
- Kansas City International Airport
- IATA: MCI
- Approximately 1 hour away from Lawrence
- Airlines: Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, SeaPort Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways
- Lawrence Municipal Airport
- IATA: LWC
- General aviation
Local Mass Transit
- Lawrence Transit System / KU on Wheels
- Bus routes in Lawrence and through the KU campus
- SpringHill Suites
- One Riverfront Plaza, Lawrence, Kansas
- Reference to actual streets: 6th and New Hampshire (one block from Mass St)
- Three blocks north of bus stop for routes 10 and 11 (unsure if they will actually run during FUDCon dates or how often as routing has not been finalized for the 2012-2013 academic year)
- The Oread
- 1200 Oread Avenue, Lawrence, Kansas
- Just north of the Kansas Union and other buildings on east campus
- Walking distance to KU engineering buildings (15-minute walk)
- Free State Brewery
- 23rd Street Brewery
Transportation to event
From everywhere to KCI
From KCI to Lawrence
Local weather patterns
Unpredictable, at best. In January 2011 there was a snowstorm that cancelled classes for two days in a row (unprecedented for KU), and in January 2012 there was little to no snow, and some days were even jacket weather.
The average high during the month of January is 29 °F (4 °C). It is most likely for snow to occur during the month of January, but snow is usually light and generally does not cause travel issues.