To see the bid, please go to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Cordoba_2015_bid
- 1 Location
- 2 About FUDcon Cordoba
- 3 FUDPub
- 4 Getting to FUDcon Cordoba
- 5 Pre-registration
- 6 Talk Proposal
Strategically located in the center of Argentina, Córdoba province, with its important potential tourism, offers everything and more for the events organization, conferences, fairs and incentives. It's a territory that has many host cities that provide various services, exceptional scenic beauty and an important historical - cultural heritage. The favorable climate that offers all the year, coupled with its international airport routes access, telecommunications, large hotel infrastructure and venues, cuisine first level, casinos and shopping are just some of the factors that position Córdoba as highly competitive venue for the successful implementation of international events.
Information about the province
- Area: 165.321 km²
- Capital province: Córdoba
- Population: 3.066.801
- Distance from Buenos Aires capital: 700 km.
- Weather: mediterranean, mild y subtropical with dry season.
- Average annual temperature: 18 - 21°C
- Average annual precipitation: 500 - 800 (mm)
- Meters above sea level: 352 - 544
- Calling code: International: 54 351. From Argentina: 0351.
About FUDcon Cordoba
September 10th to September 12th, 2015.
The month of September is characterized by gradually rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs ranging from 21°C to 23°C over the course of the month, exceeding 30°C or dropping below 14°C only one day in ten. Daily low temperatures range from 8°C to 10°C, falling below 3°C or exceeding 15°C only one day in ten.
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba - Facultad FaMAF
The National University of Córdoba (Spanish: Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, UNC), founded in 1613, is the oldest university in Argentina, the fourth oldest in South America and the sixth oldest in Latin America. It is located in Córdoba, the capital of Córdoba Province. Since the early 20th century it has been the second largest university in the country in terms of the number of students, faculty, and academic programs.
FUDcon Cordoba 2015 will be held at the School of Mathematics, Astronomy, and Physics; This School was founded in November 15, 1956 by Dr. Enrique Gaviola. The FaMAF is one of the 13 Schools of the National University of Córdoba.
- Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/
- Córdoba Turismo: http://www.cordobaturismo.gov.ar/
- E.C.I.C. Systems S.A. http://www.ecic.com.ar
- BlueHost: http://www.bluehost.com/
Getting to FUDcon Cordoba
Ingeniero Aeronáutico Ambrosio L.V. Taravella International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional de Cordoba "Ingeniero Aeronáutico Ambrosio L.V. Taravella") (IATA: COR, ICAO: SACO), more commonly known as Pajas Blancas, is located 9 km (5.6 mi) north-northwest away from the center of Córdoba, the capital city of the Córdoba Province. The airport covers an area of 1,020 ha (2,520 acres) and is operated by Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 S.A.
Transport from and to the airport
It is easily accessible using public or private transport, however, we will have a local service helping transport the attendees from the airport to the hotel. Please provide your arrival time ASAP so we can coordinate the trips; car can hold up to 4 passengers at each time. If you rather to hire a cab or use public transportation, please, let us know.
Considered as major airports, which are located in the capital cities of each country
|Buenos Aires||Chevallier||USD 140||direct|
|Curitiba||TAM||USD 249||1 connection|
|Rio de Janeiro||Aerolineas Argentinas||USD 450||direct|
|San Pablo||Aerolineas Argentinas||USD 350||direct|
|Porto Alegre||Aerolineas Argentinas||USD 295||direct|
|Miami||Lan||USD 1260||1 connection|
| USD 1540
| 2 connections |
|Houston|| United Airlines
| USD 1492
| 1 connections |
| USD 1737
| 2 connections |
|San José de Costa Rica|| Avianca
| USD 1776
| 1 connection |
|Panamá||Avianca||USD 947||2 connections|
|Quito||Lan||USD 628||2 connection|
|Santiago de Chile||LAN||USD 247||direct|
|Lima||Argentina airlines||USD 460||1 connection|
|Montevideo||Argentina airlines||USD 295||1 connection|
|Asunción||Argentina airlines||USD 570||1 connection|
|Bogotá||Lan||USD 963||1 connection|
|Caracas||Argentina airlines||USD 2265||2 connections|
|La Paz||LAN||USD 890||2 connections|
|São Paulo||Lan||USD 339||1 connection|
|Managua||Copa||USD 1196||2 connections|
We have considered two options for receiving ambassadors: the first is a four star hotel located at the city center (King David hotel), often chosen for conferences and events of this nature, the second corresponds to a Hostel also located at central area booking all seats for the occasion. In giving the latter a difference in significant costs, our idea is to call as many members of our Fedora FUDCon.
|Star Rating||Hotel Name||Reference Price||Condition|
|* four starts||King David flat Hotel||145 USD per triple room||internet, private room (breakfast not included)|
|* two starts||Babilonia Hostel||25 USD per person||internet, shared bathroom (breakfast not included, we have free access to the kitchen area.
Breakfast costs 5 USD S per person,we can arrange to bring us.
- Please add your name to the list if you will attend. Also, please indicate the following:
- Put an X in the $$$ column if you need funding to attend, and visit the FUDCon ticket tracker to make a funding request. We have a limited budget and will work hard to fund as many people as possible. We'll use these answers to help figure out budgeting for the event. We are making arrangements for attendees from other geographic regions to encourage specific initiatives such as future FUDCon events, but preference may otherwise be given to people in North America.
- Put a V in the Veg column if you would like vegetarian fare for any meals that we provide during the event. If you prefer vegan fare, please mark that column VV. We will do our best to make sure everyone is accommodated! Note: "Hell No" and similar statements are offensive to some and should not be included in this column.
- Put your T-shirt size in the Size column, so we can have an idea about what sizes to have available. Only Unisex (Mens Sizes will be ordered)
- If you want or need to share a room, mark yes in the "Roomshare?" column.
- Once you have a roommate, both of you should mark your roommate's name in the block as well.
- If you need a roommate, look for someone with just a yes in the column, and contact them via email. If you encounter any problems, let the organizers know.
- Use the Comments section for anything else you think organizers need to know, or to offer or ask for space or rides.
Add your name to the list if you will attend. FUDCon is free and open for everyone to attend.
After the bidding phase is over, this information will be used for the actual registration.
|#||Name||T-shirt Size||Roomshare?||Hotel Booked?||Country||Comments (extra line for badge)|
|5||Edwind Contreras||XL||yes (tatica)||No||Venezuela|
|6||Maria Leandro||M||yes (Richzendy)||No||Venezuela|
|7||Yohan Graterol||L||yes (echevemaster)||No||Colombia|
|8||Eduardo Echeverria||XL||yes (yograterol)||No||Colombia|
|9||Neville A. Cross||XL||unsure||no||Nicaragua|
|13||Alex Irmel Oviedo Solis||L||no||no||Peru|
|14||Adrian D. Soliard||XL||yes||no||Argentina|
|15||Samuel Gutierrez Aviles||S||yes||No||Nicaragua|
|16||Juan Eduardo Barba Olivet||M||yes||no||Panama|
|19||Bernardo C. Hermitaño A||M||yes||No||Perú|
|20||Gonzalo Nina Mamani||L||yes||No||Bolivia|
|21||Itamar Reis Peixoto||L||yes||No||Brazil|
FUDcon Cordoba 2015 talks and workshops, will be held during 10th and 11th. Please, feel free to submit your talk or workshop proposal.
Start Date: April 27, 2015.
Due Date: May 23, 2015.
Vote results: May 30, 2015.
|#||Name||Proposal Talk||Duration||Comments (special requirements)|
|1||Maria Leandro||Brand and Design with OpenSource Tools||45min||None|
|2||Maria Leandro||Building a successful business using OpenSource||30min||None|
|3||Edwind Contreras||Taller de empaquetado de RPM||60min||None|
|4||Johel Batista||Educación Libre con Fedora||45min||None|
|5||Wolnei Junior||Fedora Next||60min||None|
|6||Wolnei Junior||Fedora QA||60min||None|
|7||Wolnei Junior||Why contribute to Free Software?||60min||None|
|8||Fernando Espinoza||web development with angularjs end pickadatejs||60min||None|
|9||Fernando Espinoza||fedora for business development||40min||None|
|10||Kiara Navarro||Fedora Electronic Lab, how to use it to work with electronics projects?||60min||None|
|11||Kiara Navarro||Integrating Arduino Plataform and Fedora||60min||None|
|12||Eduardo Echeverria||Managing your Fedora Server with Cockpit||60min||None|
|13||Eduardo Echeverria||Running complex applications with Docker Compose||60min||None|
|14||Anthony Mogrovejo||The way devops with puppet||60min||None|
|15||Anthony Mogrovejo||Centralizing packages spacewalk||60min||None|
|16||Anthony Mogrovejo||Pentesting basic with fedora||60min||None|
|17||Carlos Carreño||DevOps: Continuous Integration||60min||None|
|18||Daniel Bruno||Fedora Cloud & Big Data||60min||None|
|19||Daniel Bruno||OpenStack Overview and Practice||120min||Lab with network connection|
|20||Daniel Bruno||Hadoop with Fedora||60min||None|