This page is for recording logistics like temporary lodging info, things to bring, and so forth. Return to FUDCon Toronto 2009
- 1 Buses
- 2 Venue
- 3 Hotel
- 4 Boston lodging
- 5 Ground Transportation
- 6 FUDPub
- 7 Map
- 8 Food
- 9 Printed Material
|TravelPackUSA||$525/day for 15ppl||
|R.C. Herrmann||(need quote)||
|Cavalier Coach||(quote requested)||
|Yankee Line||(quote requested)||
|Nevarez||$4875 + driver hotel + gratuity||
|Local Motion of Boston||~$2700||
- FULL DETAILS AT FUDCon:Toronto 2009#Bus Travel
- Bus departs the Boston/Westford area on Friday morning, December 4
- Potential route:
- Pickup in Boston, @ Alewife station ~9:00am
- Pickup in Westford, @ Red Hat ~10:00am
- Onward to Toronto, arrive ~10:30pm?
- Bus will not be available throughout weekend.
- Bus departs Toronto on Tuesday morning, December 8.
- Bus arrives in Boston/Westford Tuesday night.
- From Chris Tyler: it's worth asking for a bus with AC power at the seats -- makes laptop users happier.
- Chris, where did you book your bus? Finding AC power on tour buses is proving very difficult.
- Several of the Canadian carriers had AC-enabled buses. We used Great Canadian.
- Chris, where did you book your bus? Finding AC power on tour buses is proving very difficult.
- From Paul Frields: If we pack at least 12-15 people on the bus, we do better than breaking even.
People riding the bus
|2||Máirín Duffy||Westford or Boston would work for me|
|4||Jesse Keating||Westford or Boston|
|5||Tom "spot" Callaway||Westford or Boston|
|7||Mel Chua||Boston||bus monitor #1, looking for a second. Also, I'M ON A BUS|
|8||Jon Masters||NOT ATTENDING||Was tentative, now unable to make it as it's Katherine's birthday and we're having a party.|
|9||Martin Duffy (if not RH-ers allowed)||Boston or Westford||tentative|
|10||Peter Jones||Boston or Westford|
|11||Jon Stanley||Boston or Westford (depending)||Need crash space Thurs night (coming from NYC via bus)|
|13||Dave Malcolm||Boston or Westford|
|14||Ian Weller||Boston||bus monitor the second|
|19||Adam Jackson||Boston or Westford|
|20||Toshio Kuratomi||Westford or Boston||Flying in from Sacramento. I'll tag along w/ spot.|
|21||Sebastian Dziallas||return only, to Boston||Flying into YYZ, but out from BOS.|
|22||Andy Lindeberg||Boston or Westford|
|23||Stephen Smoogen||Boston or Westford||Flying into Boston. Can get motel room near Alewife if possible. Bringing D&D for bustrip. Bus Monitor #3.|
|24||Adam Miller||Boston||Needs crash space|
|27||John (J5) Palmieri||Boston|
|30||Sarah Lumens||Westford or Boston|
Seneca@York - 70 The Pond Rd, Toronto, Ontario
Saturday/Sunday - SEQ building
- Room A - S1206: 160-seat stepped theatre
- Room B - S1208: 128-seat stepped theatre
- Room C - S1209: Large glassed-in room (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Room D - S1200: Classroom (tables)
- Room E - S1201: Classroom (tables)
- Room F - S2168: Large glassed-in room (roughly 60-seat capacity depending on layout)
- Room G - S2154: Classroom (case study room)
- Room H - S2155: Classroom (tables)
Numbers and descriptions of D, E, G, H are tentative.
Each room has at least:
- video projector with 15-pin sub-D (VGA) input
- dual-boot podium PC (SUSE/Windows)
Stepped theatres also have document cameras.
On Sunday, rooms J-N below could also be made available. In particular, Room K may be useful for the F2F board and FESCo meetings.
Monday - TEL Building
- Room J - T1009: VR room - flexible config, 30-60 people (Barco floor-to-ceiling HD video projector)
- Room K - T1012: 12-seat conference room (portable projector)(conference speakerphone)
- Room L - T1030: 8-seat "Fishbowl" conference room (projector with VGA input)
- Room M - T1042: 6-seat meeting room (portable projector)
- Room N - T1014: Large classroom with round tables and chairs (projector with VGA input)
- Room F - S1208: Upper-K, 60+ seat glassed-in room (projector with VGA input, dual-boot podium computer) (SEQ building)
Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) Toronto/Vaughan - $105/night double occupancy, free King suite for hospitality (e.g., Hack Room)
- Located at Hwy 7 & Interchange Way - 10 minutes by car or Viva rapid transit.
- Internet access: wired and wireless, password-free.
- 3 years old.
- Food options nearby, restaurant in hotel, room service available.
- Free parking (including the bus).
- Pool, fitness room.
NOTE: I'm trying to reconcile our lists for room sharing so we arrive at a final one, I'm in #fudcon-planning working on this right now. Help appreciated! Mel Chua 02:12, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
All reservations are for 4 nights with the listed team (Fedora Engineering or Community Architecture) paying 100% of the cost unless otherwise specified. The first person on the list is the name the reservation is under, though the hotel knows about both parties so that either person can check in first. Costs are still approximate, but should be close enough for budget happiness all 'round.
From the Fedora Engineering budget
- $400 - Bill Nottingham (*) + Stephen Smoogen (Need to make sure this is for 4 nights.)
- $400 - Toshio Kuratomi (*) + Michael McGrath
- $200 - Tom Callaway (*) + Dennis Gilmore (Dennis paying for self)
- $200 - Luke Macken (*) + Remy DeCausemaker (Remy paying for self)
- $400 - Jaroslav Reznik (*) + Brennan Ashton
- $400 - John Palmieri (*) + Steven Parrish
F-eng total: $2000
From the Community Architecture budget
Matches the old wiki list
- $200 - Rob Escriva (*) + Ben Boeckel (Rob paying for self) (Need to make sure this is in our group block.)
- $400 - Bernie Innocenti (*) + Simon Birtwistle (new room, needs booking confirmation)
- $400 - Mel Chua (*) + Diana Martin (new room, needs booking confirmation)
- $400 - Yaakov Nemoy (*) + Xavier Lamien
- $400 - Adam Miller (*) + John Rose
- $400 - Paul Frields (*) + Clint Savage (new room, needs booking confirmation)
CommArch definite total: $2200
Does not match the old wiki list - see #Old notes for the discrepancy
- $200 or $250 or $400 - Ian Weller (*) + Bert Desmet - Ian needs the room for 4 nights, Bert for 3. Ian is funded by CommArch; I do not know if Bert is paying for 0 nights, or 3, or 4.
- $300 or $400 - Rex Dieter (*) + Aaron Seigo the notes say both 3 or 4 nights, which is correct?
- $400 - Peter Robinson (*) + Jon Stanley (what about Matthew and Sebastian? Are we missing 2 people with another room here? How many nights are they staying?)
- $0 or $400 - should Matthew Daniels and Sebastian Dziallas be missing from this list? see note above
CommArch needs-to-be-resolved total: somewhere between $900 and $1600
CommArch final total: somewhere between $3100 and $3800
- Bill (note: leaving monday night) + Smooge -- F-Eng (4 nights, ~$400)
- Toshio + Mike -- F-Eng (4 nights, ~$400)
- Spot + DGilmore -- F-Eng 50% (only paying Spot's part, 4 nights, ~$200)
- Luke + Remy -- F-Eng 50% (only paying Luke's part, 4 nights, ~$200)
- BAshton + Jaroslav -- F-Eng (4 nights, ~$400)
- SParrish + J5 -- F-Eng (4 nights, ~$400)
- BBoeckel + Rob Escriva -- Comm-Arch 50% (only paying Ben's part, 4 nights, ~$200)
- Bernie + SBirtwistle -- Comm-Arch (4 nights, ~$400)
- MChua + DMartin -- Comm-Arch (4 nights, ~$400)
- Xavier + Yaakov -- Comm-Arch (4 nights, ~$400)
- JRose + AMiller -- Comm-Arch (4 nights, ~$400)
- CSavage + Pfrields -- Comm-Arch (4 nights max, ~$400) Originally, David Nalley was Clint's roommate, but David can't come so Paul will be Clint's roommate.
CommArch doesn't match yet
- RDieter + ASeigo -- Comm-Arch (3 nights, ~$300) (booked for 4 nights) Is it 3 nights or 4?
- PRobinson + SDziallas -- Comm-Arch 50% (only paying SDziallas' part, 3 nights, ~$150) Later notes show PRobinson and JStanley together, no mention of SDziallas or MDaniels.. which is correct?
- MDaniels + JStanley -- Comm-Arch (4 nights, ~$400) See above.
- BDesmet + IWeller -- Comm-Arch 50% (only paying Ian's part, 3 nights, ~$150) Ian is on the FUDBus, should this be 4 nights?
Old notes, probably outdated now
Total F-Eng cost looks to be $2000, total Comm-Arch cost looks to be $3200.
The following pairs are expected, but it looks like they are being paid by other budgets or not at all.
- CEbbert + DJones -- (NOT COMING?)
- Mairin Duffy + Martin Duffy -- other budget (bstevens 50%?)
- JMcCann + AJackson -- other budget (Desktop)
For people coming in from out of town and riding the FUDBus. A blank spot in the table means that person does not yet have housing confirmed (to our knowledge) and needs a couch, please contact them if you can help (and update the table if you need or have found housing!)
Need Boston lodging
If you need housing, make sure you're on this list. If you find housing, please update your entry on this list so we know that you're taken care of. In order to find housing, you may want to contact the people who #Can offer Boston lodging directly.
|Person needing lodging||Pre-FUDBus host||Post-FUDBus host|
|Toshio Kuratomi||Spot Callaway||Spot Callaway|
|Dennis Gilmore||Spot Callaway||Spot Callaway|
|Sebastian Dziallas||not needed||Mel Chua|
|Stephen Smoogen||David Malcolm||David Malcolm|
|Adam Miller||Bernie Innocenti||Bernie Innocenti|
|Ian Weller||John 'J5' Palmieri||John 'J5' Palmieri|
Can offer Boston lodging
If you can offer Boston lodging, put yourself on this list. Optionally, get directly in touch with people who #Need Boston lodging. Once you no longer have space to offer people who need Boston lodging, take your name off this list.
- John Palmieri, see details on accomodations
- Seneca@York buildings are 8-10 minutes from hotel by Viva (2 stops). Rates are $3.25 cash or $26/10 tickets.
- Parking at York is abundant but expensive ($14/day). Parking at hotel is free, so attendees should consider the Viva option.
Here's a map of all the nearby facilities.
RH will buy food - bag lunches with:
- deli sandwich (or grilled veggie wrap)
- veggie sticks
- small bag of chips
- large cookie
- bottled water
Lunches are provided for the first 130 attendees only.
Attendees pay for food, but as the cafeteria is closed we will be getting catered pizza (approx. $4/person) and asking people to chip in.
On your own. There is a cafeteria at Seneca, and food places nearby.
Need to print (on Seneca's colour laser):
- Name badges, with wireless login info on the back
- Stickers with vegetarians' names on them for Saturday lunch - to help avoid veggie lunches being scooped by others (per Andrew Overholt's suggestion)
- Directional signage
- Room signage (room IDs, channel names)
- 11" wide x 17" tall room signs with the tech session times on them, can have session names filled in with marker once the barcamp schedule is finalized
- Info handout?
- Campus maps, showing location of food, FUDcon rooms, parking, and transit stops.
- Hack room info
- IRC info
- Social events - FUDPub, Skating, Hack 'n' Snack
- Place for filling out a personal barcamp schedule
- Podium signs (we found it useful at FSOSS to put signs with the event name on the podium or on the wall behind the podium, so that when people take pictures of the speakers the signs are included)
- Hack room sign for hotel
Other supplies (Seneca can probably provide these):
- Low-tack masking tape (painter's tape)
- Frosted tape for signs
- Power bars and extension cords - Seneca will supply some, extras will probably be needed
- Whiteboard markers for tech session rooms
- Post-it notes for hotel hack room