Margarita, Venezuela :: June 28 - 29 - 30, 2012 General event owner: Maria "tatica" Leandro
- 1 Event Details
- 2 Agenda
The 2012 LATAM FUDCon will be held in Margarita, Venezuela, June 28 - 29 - 30, 2012.
FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free software event held in various regions around the world, usually annually per region. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, testing and QA, packaging, etc.
FUDCon is always free to attend for anyone in the world.
BarCamp: Sunday, Saturday
June 28-29-30, 2012
- Please add your name to the list if you will attend. Also, please indicate the following:
- Put an X in the $$$ column if you need funding to attend, and visit the FUDCon ticket tracker to make a funding request. We have a limited budget and will work hard to fund as many people as possible. We'll use these answers to help figure out budgeting for the event. We are making arrangements for attendees from other geographic regions to encourage specific initiatives such as future FUDCon events, but preference may otherwise be given to people in North America.
- Put a V in the Veg column if you would like vegetarian fare for any meals that we provide during the event. If you prefer vegan fare, please mark that column VV. We will do our best to make sure everyone is accommodated! Note: "Hell No" and similar statements are offensive to some and should not be included in this column.
- Put your T-shirt size in the Size column, so we can have an idea about what sizes to have available. Only Unisex (Mens Sizes will be ordered)
- If you want or need to share a room, mark yes in the "Roomshare?" column.
- Once you have a roommate, both of you should mark your roommate's name in the block as well.
- If you need a roommate, look for someone with just a yes in the column, and contact them via email. If you encounter any problems, let the organizers know.
- Use the Comments section for anything else you think organizers need to know, or to offer or ask for space or rides.
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Share room?||Comments||Hotel booked||extra line for badge||Country||TEAM|
|1||María "tatica" Leandro||Yes||NO||M (woman)||Yes User:richzendy||No||No||Venezuela||Ambassador, Design, Marketing, Translation|
|2||Edwind "richzendy" Contreras||Yes||NO||L||Yes User:tatica||No||No||Venezuela||Ambassador, Packager, Spins|
|3||Oliver Rivas||Yes||NO||XL||Yes||No||No||USA / Venezuela|
|4||Guillermo Gómez||Yes||NO||L||Yes||No||No||Venezuela||RPMDev, Ruby SIG, Fedora Documentation Project|
|5||Luis Bazan||Yes||NO||M||Yes||No||No||Panamá||Package Maintainer, Ambassadors, Infrastructure|
|6||Carlos "pelobravo" Marcano||Yes||NO||XL||No||No||No||Venezuela||Ambassador,Support, Documentation|
|7||Antonio Salles||Yes||NO!||XL||Sure||-||-||Chile||Fedora Ambassador & Sysadmin & Red Hat Expositor|
|8||Larry Letelier||Yes||NO!||L||Sure||-||-||Chile||Fedora Ambassador, Support, BBQ man|
|9||Itamar Reis Peixoto||Yes||NO!||L||Yes, :-)||No||-||Brazil||Fedora Ambassador, Packager,|
|10||Daniel Bruno||Yes||NO||M||Yes||No||-||Brazil||Fedora Ambassador, Packager, Infra LATAM|
|10||Lenno Azevedo||Yes||NO||M||Yes||No||-||Brazil||Fedora Ambassador, Marketing, Brazilian Documentation(Wiki)|
|11||Abdel G. Martínez L.||Yes||NO||S||Yes||No||No||Panamá||Ambassador, Package Maintainer|
|12||Kellerman Rivero Suarez.||No||No||XL||Yes||No||No||Venezuela||Ambassador|
|13||Robert Marcano||No||No||L||Yes||No||No||Venezuela||Package Maintainer|
|14||Henry Anchante||No||No||M||Yes||No||No||Peru||Fedora Ambassador & Sysadmin|
|15||Valentin Basel||Yez||No||M||Yes||No||No||Argentina||Fedora Ambassador & software developer for educational robotics ICARO|
Lodging / Hotel
Travel and transportation
If you are trying to coordinate travel with other attendees, you may want to visit the travel planning page.
Getting to Margarita
Santiago Mariño International Airport
Santiago Mariño Caribbean International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional del Caribe "Santiago Mariño") (IATA: PMV, ICAO: SVMG) is a commercial airport located near Porlamar, the largest city on Isla Margarita, an island in state of Nueva Esparta in Venezuela.
The Airport is divided into two sections; International and Domestic. International flights leave to Canada, Europe, South America and the Caribbean. Primary domestic routes are to Caracas, Maturín and Ciudad Bolivar.
Private ways of transportation can be used if they are needed.
Simón Bolívar International Airport
Simón Bolívar International Airport of Maiquetia (IATA: CCS, ICAO: SVMI) (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional de Maiquetia Simón Bolívar) is located in Maiquetía, about 13 miles (21 kilometers) from downtown Caracas, Venezuela.
Simply called 'Maiquetia' by the local population, it is the top international air passenger gateway to Venezuela among the twelve international airports in the country. It handles flights to many important cities in the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe and the Middle East.
Since 2000 the airport has been undergoing major changes in order to meet international standards and to improve passenger traffic, security, immigration areas and customs areas. Security measures have become top priority since the 9/11 events, and now departure areas and arrival areas are completely split into the lower and upper levels of the airport. Maiquetia airport has two terminals: Domestic (D) and international (I).
Directions from Airport to Hotel
Map To Event, FUDPub Hotel
At the hotel
The hotel has a significant amount of parking and has told us they don't believe there will be a problem accommodating some out of town drivers there.
There will be wireless ethernet available at the hotel and event location
- Appropriately fresh clothing (weather forecast)
- Laptop with 802.11g wireless
- Extension cord
- Ethernet cable (for hotel and/or hackfest)
- Optional: Bring a Fedora Friend Finder (power strip)
- Credit card (VISA or MasterCard) or small amount of cash
- Your presentation slides or anything needed for the hackfest
- Passport/visa and any other official documentation needed
- Converters for power (reference link)
If staying at the hotel:
- Optional: swimsuit.
FUDCon is a community event in which the complete schedule is developed interactively starting with an opening orientation session. Attendance at orientation is recommended for those who are new to this format, or to FUDCon, Fedora, or free and open source software community events in general.
- Thursday, June 28
- Starting at 9:00am - 5:00pm, Hackfests / Workshops. FPL State of Fedora.
- Friday, June 29
- 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Morning: Barcamp pitches. Later in the morning, for duration of day: Barcamp sessions. Hackfests/Workshops.
- Saturday, June 30
- 9:00am - 5:00pm, Barcamp Hackfests/Workshops.
- Sunday, July 01
- 9:00am - 5:00pm, Beach FUDpub. Bring your swimsuit!
BarCamp sessions Proposals
Please fill in the following grid with proposed BarCamp sessions: (If listed here will be Printed and at the Site ready for your Pitch)
Hackfests are collaborative sessions to work on a problem, issue or area of Fedora.
Workshops are a classroom style session session (with varying levels of interaction) teaching about software or processes