Paris, France :: October 13 - 15, 2012 — General event owners: Kevin Raymond
The 2012 EMEA FUDCon will be held in Paris, France on 13-15, October 2012.
FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free software event held in various regions around the world, usually annually per region. FUDCon is a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests in which contributors work on specific initiatives. Topics include infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, testing and QA, packaging, etc.
FUDCon is always free to attend for anyone in the world.
There is 2 location for the conference, first part is at Open World Forum (OWF), second part at Universcience.
Add location for OWF
Nearest metro : George V
Universcience is a building dedicated to science discovery, ( previously called "cite des sciences et de l'industrie" ), we will be located in the basement, in a part dedicated to computer science Openstreetmap Pictures
Beware, there is currently lots of construction work near the building, so it may not be straightforward to enter, please keep a eye on this page so we can provide up to date information.
FUDPub will be at the "Flam's" restaurant: 62 Rue des Lombards OpenStreetMap (Closest subway station: Châtelet, Les Halles)
( add location for stuff to see in paris ? )
October 13-15, 2012
FUDPub will be help on Saturday 13th (then we work!)
- Kévin Raymond
- Emmanuel Seyman
- Matthieu Gautier
- Hervé Marcy
- Michael Scherer
- Aurelie Chreng
- Nicolas Chauvet
Contact us to join our team! More about our current tasks there.
- Please add your name to the list if you will attend. Also, please indicate the following:
- Put an X in the $$$ column if you need funding to attend, and visit the FUDCon ticket tracker to make a funding request. We have a limited budget and will work hard to fund as many people as possible. We'll use these answers to help figure out budgeting for the event. We are making arrangements for attendees from other geographic regions to encourage specific initiatives such as future FUDCon events, but preference may otherwise be given to people in EMEA.
- Put a V in the Veg column if you would like vegetarian fare for any meals that we provide during the event. If you prefer vegan fare, please mark that column VV. We will do our best to make sure everyone is accommodated! Note: "Hell No" and similar statements are offensive to some and should not be included in this column.
- Put your T-shirt size in the Size column, so we can have an idea about what sizes to have available. Only Unisex (Mens Sizes will be ordered)
- If you want or need to share a room, mark yes in the "Roomshare?" column.
- Once you have a roommate, both of you should mark your roommate's name in the block as well.
- If you need a roommate, look for someone with just a yes in the column, and contact them via email. If you encounter any problems, let the organizers know.
- Use the Comments section for anything else you think organizers need to know, or to offer or ask for space or rides.
|#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Roomshare?||Hotel booked?||Comments (extra line for badge)||Talks or hacking sessions that you want to hold or be involved in. Add a time duration if you have an idea.|
|001||Michael Scherer||L||Local||Fedora review hacking session|
|002||Kévin Raymond||M||Local||Websites, amba, L10n, docs||- Ready for an ARM sprint!|
- Will hold a websites hacking session (1h?). Fablab
|004||Emmanuel Seyman||L||Local||Perl SIG|
|005||Dennis Gilmore||XL||Yes||Yes||dgilmore, releng.|
|006||Gerold Kassube||X||XXXL||Yes, Fabian|
|007||Fabian Affolter||X||XL||Yes, Gerold|
|008||Nicolas Chauvet||L||No||Local||RPM Fusion|
|009||Peter Robinson||L||Yes||ARM me up!|
|010||Hans de Goede||L||Yes||Spice, USB redirection|
|011||Elad Alfassa||X||M||Yes||Design, Websites, L10n|
|012||Keiran Smith||L||Yes||Affix, Packager|
|013||Pierre-Yves Chibon||L||Local||fedora-review HyperKitty|
|015||Jeroen van Meeuwen||XL||Yes, with Lydia Bossers||No|
|016||Lydia Bossers||S||Yes, with Jeroen van Meeuwen||No||kanarip's girlfriend|
|019||Dan Horák||L||with Jiri Eischmann||Yes||sharkcz|
|020||Stanislav Ochotnicky||M||Yes, Bohuslav Kabrda||Yes||Java SIG, fedora-review, Gentoo|
|021||Bohuslav Kabrda||M||Yes, Stanislav Ochotnicky||Yes||Ruby SIG, Python SIG|
|022||Tomas Radej||L||Yes, Vít Ondruch||Yes||Java SIG, Licensing tool|
|024||Attila Ökrös||X||XL||Yes, with my daughter Eszter||No||Design Team at Fedora Hungary|
|025||Zoltan Hoppar||X||XXL||Yes, possibly Peter Czanik||No||Translation, Swag,Arwork ideas / Fedora Hungary|
|026||Peter Borsa||X||L||Yes, with rgeri77||No||Fedora Insight, Drupal / Fedora Hungary|
|027||Gergely Rakosi||X||XXXL||Yes, with asrob||No||Swag, Gaming on Fedora / Fedora Hungary|
|028||Eszter Ökrös||X||L||Yes, with kesigomu||No||Fedora Kids, Design Team at Fedora Hungary|
|031||Vít Ondruch||M||Yes, Tomas Radej||Yes||Ruby SIG|
|032||Jaromír Hradílek||M||Yes, with Soňa Hartmannová||No|
|033||Soňa Hartmannová||M||Yes, with Jaromír Hradílek||No|
|034||Tom Callaway||Yes||XXL||Yes, with Josh Boyer||Yes||Fedora Engineering Manager|
|035||Douglas Silas||L||Yes, with Martin Prpič||No|
|036||Martin Prpič||M||Yes, with Douglas Silas||No||Keep calm and install Fedora|
|038||Onuralp SEZER||X||L||Yes with Murat DEMIRKOL||No||Fedora Ambassadors from Turkey|
|039||Murat DEMIRKOL||X||L||Yes with Onuralp SEZER||No||Fedora Ambassadors from Turkey|
|040||Xavier Lamien||M||No||No (Local)|
|041||Josh Boyer||L||Yes, with spot||Yes|
|043||Afriza N. Arief||VV||L||Random passer by|
|044||Robyn Bergeron||S||Yes, suehle||No||witty badge comment coming soon!|
|045||Jiri Eischmann||L||with Dan Horák||Yes|
|049||Martin Holec||X||L||Yes||No||I am ARMed!|
|050||Remi Collet||X||.||XL||Yes, with Haïkel Guémar||Yes||Packager (PHP Stack)|
|052||Haïkel Guémar||X||Yes||L||Yes, with Remi Collet||yes||Packaging Monkey||fedora-review hackaton|
|055||Nestos Theophrastou||X||V||M||Yes||Not yet|
|056||Phil Knirsch||L||Not yet||Fedora Secondary Arch Team|
|057||Adrian Reber||L||Not yet|
|058||Czanik Peter||X||XL||Yes, Zoltan Hoppar||No||syslog-ng, Lumberjack / Fedora Hungary|
|059||Marios Isaakidis||X||M||No||Raspberry Pi Fedora Remix||Ready for an ARM sprint! sounds interesting!|
|060||Hamada Zahera||X||M||Yes||No||Fedora Ambassador from EGYPT|
|061||Mat Booth||M||No||Java SIG|
|062||Ruth Suehle||S||yes, rbergeron||yes||#||Name||$$$||Veg||Size||Roomshare?||Hotel booked?||Comments (extra line for badge)||Talks or hacking sessions that you want to hold or be involved in. Add a time duration if you have an idea.|
Lodging / Hotel
As detailed on the mailing list, you can book your hotel now. We have locked 30 twins (2 separated beds) in the IBIS hotel really close to the second venue (Sun-Mon). But that will do also for the first one.
To book the hotel, just follow what is detailed in the email. If you are looking for a roomate, try to contact the other one listed on the above table. The price (81€) is for the room, same price for 1 or 2 beds. Please add in the above table if you need help looking for a roommate. The rooms are too small for a third bed, we can't manage that.
31-35, quai de l'Oise 75019 PARIS FRANCE
See the Map. The venue labelled "Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie".
Travel and transportation
The next agenda is:
- scheduling (talks, hacking sessions..)
- badges, signage, booklets
- Open Floor