FUDCon APAC 2015 is organized in association with the Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Engineering (MIT COE), one of the premier engineering colleges in Pune, at their Campus.
- 1 About Pune
- 2 Event Details
- 3 Schedule
- 4 Getting to Pune
- 5 Administration
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Blog Posts
- 8 Social media coverage
Pune is a vibrant cultural city in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is located about 150 km east-south of Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Pune has a great distinction of being at the forefront in preserving and giving due prominance to the indigenous Maharashtrian culture, theatre, music, education and arts. Pune is known as the Oxford of the East for its rich educational heritage and variety of educational opportunities offered today.
Time & Place
Time : 26–28 Jun, 2015
About MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE)
MITCOE is among the top engineering colleges in India and in Pune. They have state of the art facilities, with a large well-equipped auditorium for the main track along with classrooms for parallel tracks. Most importantly though, the college faculty and students have active open source evangelists. MITCOE hosted a Free and Open Source Software event earlier this year called FOSSsumMIT, which was a great success.
Detailed venue address:Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Engineering (MIT COE).
- To be done
Call For Papers
Call for papers is Closed.
List of Speakers
|Name||Confirmed||Arrival date, time & place(Mumbai/Pune)||Departure date, time & place(Mumbai/Pune)||Cab Pickup from||T-Shirt Size (Asian size)||Talk slot preference|
|Aditya Patawari||Yes||25 June - late night||29 June - early morning||from anywhere in Mumbai (if possible)||L|
|Ajit Mote||Yes||XL||26 or 27 is fine for me|
|Atin Mukherjee||Yes (Kaushal will replace if necessary)||Not Decided(will probably attend it for couple of days)||Not Required||L||27th|
|Dennis Gilmore||Yes||June 25 11:05am, Mumbai||July 1 1:05pm, Mumbai||Airport in Mumbai||XXL||Any day is fine|
|harish pillay||Yes||tba||tba||tba||XL||Any day is fine|
|Izhar Firdaus||Yes||24th 22:45, Mumbai Airport||29th 23:55, Mumbai Airport||Mumbai Airport||M||27th|
|Jackson Isaac||Yes||27th morning to Pune||28th night||Nearest station in Pune to venue||L||27th (between 11AM - 4PM will do)|
|Jared Smith||Yes||25th 2:55pm, Pune Airport||Late on the 28th, Mumbai Airport||Pune Airport||L (or XL)||No preference|
|Jens Petersen||Yes||Wed 24th 21:55 (Mumbai)||Wed 1st 23:35 (Mumbai)||Mumbai Airport||XL||27th (or 28th)|
|Jiri Eischmann||Yes||June 25 8:35 (Mumbai)||July 5 21:35 (Mumbai)||Mumbai Airport||XXL||Doesn't matter|
|KAZI NIZAMUDDIN||Yes||June 25th 21:10 (Pune)||June 29th 06:05 (Pune)||Pune Airport||L|
|Kiran Divekar||Yes||M||27th or 28th|
|lakshminarayanan Durairajan||Yes||Pick up & Drop - Pune Airport||M||26th or 27 th [Mid-day or start of second half]|
|Lalatendu Mohanty||Yes||25th 11:00 AM||28th June 21:45 PM||Pune Airport||L||27th|
|Martin Kosek||Yes||June 21st, 14:00||June 28th, 22:30||-||XXL||26th or 27th|
|Mayur Patil||Yes||N.A. as I stay in pune||N.A. as I stay in pune||--||XL||Any day except Friday 26th, if possible|
|Mohan Prakash||Yes||26 June, Pune||27 June, Pune||Pune bus terminal, 8:30 am||M||26 June|
|Madhavprasad Pai||Yes||I stay in Pune||I stay in Pune||Magarpatta City||XL||No preference|
|Nidhi Chaudhary||Yes||NA||NA||NA||M||27th June (first half)|
|Nigel Babu||Yes||25th June - 08:35||28th evening||Drop - Pune Airport||XL||Preferably one talk per day|
|Nilamdyuti Goswami||Yes||NA||NA||NA||M||27th June (first half)|
|Parag Nemade||Yes||NA||NA||NA||L||Any day (first half)|
|P J P||Yes||25'th Jun 2015 11:00 hrs, Pune||28 Jun 2015 18:00 hrs, Pune||Pune airport||M||26'th Jun 2015|
|Rajesh Sola||Yes||L||26th or 27th|
|Ratnadeep Debnath||Yes||25 June, 21:30 Hrs||29 June, 4:30 Hrs||Pune Airport||M|
|Rejy Cyriac||Yes||26 June Evening, Pune||29 June Early Morning, Pune||Not Required||XXL||27 June|
|Ryan Lerch||Yes||QF3951 2305 (11:05PM) 25 Jun 2015 -- Mumbai||0955 (9:55am), 29th Jun 2015 Mumbai||Mumbai||L|
|Rutwij Kulkarni||Yes||I am from Pune itself.||NA||Not Required||L||27th or 28th is fine.|
|Sachin Ghai||Yes||L||26th June(First half)|
|Sarup Banskota||Yes||25 June - 14:45 - I51426 PNQ||14 July - 21:40 - UK992||PNQ||M||Reasonable gap between my two workshops, they're likely to overshoot + Not conflicting with Suchakra's + Not Friday (for Mayur)|
|Satyabrata Maitra||Yes||Local||NA||NA||S||26th June First Half (Only option)|
|Sayan Chowdhury||Yes||25 June, 21:30 Hrs||29 June, 4:30 Hrs||Pune Airport||M|
|Sneha Rajguru||Yes||I am from Pune itself.||NA||Not Required||M||27th or 28th is fine.|
|Suchakra Sharma||Yes||24th June, 23:15 Hrs - Air Canada 6002 (Jet Airways)||Self managed||Mumbai, Terminal T2|
|Swapnil Nagarkar||Yes||NA||NA||NA||L||26th Or 27th June|
|Tao Zhao||Mumbai airport||M||Doesn't matter|
|tenzin chokden||Yes||25th June 17:00 Hrs - Pune||29th June 15:30 Hrs - Pune||Pickup & Drop -Pune Airport||M||27th June|
|Truong Anh Tuan||Yes||arrive lately on 23rd June & stay in Mumbai||29th June, 7:50AM (early flight)||Airport Mumbai||L|
|Vaidik Kapoor||Yes||Arrive at 23:10 hrs on June 25 in Pune||Depart at 17:45 hrs on June 27 from Pune||Pickup and Drop - Pune Airport||XL||26th or first half of 27th|
|Vidya Iyengar||Yes||NA||NA||NA||S||27th June (first half)|
|Yogesh Babar||Yes||NA||NA||NA||L||26th Or 27th June|
|Sirko Kemter||Yes||25-Jun-15 11:25pm||30-Jun-15 06:15am||Airport Mumbai||XL|
|Danishka Navin||Yes||24-Jun-15 21:45 hrs||29-Jun-15 23:35 hrs||Airport Mumbai||M|
List of Sponsored attendees
|Name||Confirmed||Arrival date and time||Departure date and time||Cab Pickup from||T-Shirt Size (Asian size)|
|Add name here||Yes/No||26-Jun-2015 07:00||28-Jun-2015 19:00||Mumbai Terminal 2||XL|
|Suchakra Sharma||Aditya Patawari|
|Mosaab Alzoubi||Izhar Firdaus|
|Prima Yogi Loviniltra||Danishka Navin|
|Pranav Kant||P J P|
|Dennis Gilmore||Jens Petersen|
|Ratnadeep Debnath||Sarup Banskota|
|Kazi Nizamuddin||Tenzin Chokden|
|Sayan Chowdhury||Krishna Prasad K|
|Sinny Kumari||Charul Agrawal|
|Kashish Bhatia||Mohan Prakash|
|Parmeshwar||Rejy M Cyriac|
|Jiri Eischmann||Ryan Lerch|
Getting to Pune
From anywhere else in India
Travelling from elsewhere in India to Pune would cost up to $100 by air, train or road
From outside India
The closest international Airport to Pune is Mumbai, which is about 150 km away which can be covered as a road trip on the expressway by cab/bus or by train at regular intervals round the clock. Direct flights to and from Pune are operated by various airlines to the following destinations:
- Abu Dhabi
Organizers will arrange for transportation between Mumbai airport and Pune.
Indian Visa application
You can get a Tourist, Business or Conference Visa to attend the FUDCon. An Indian visa is valid from the day it is issued, not from the day you arrive in the country.
The Electronic Travel Authorisation(ETA) facility became operational recently for citizens of over 43 eligible countries, including those who are eligible for visa on arrival.
Visa fee depends on the country of origin and nationality of the person applying for the visa. It ranges between 20 - 100 USD.
For further information on this, please check with local embassy office or Indian Visa Application center office or websites for information on applicable fee and payment methods.
Auto-rickshaws and call-taxi services are abundant and available. The public bus service is not very good, but we will arrange for transportation for conference speakers and organizers.
Taxi services in Pune:
- Ola Cabs: +91 20 3355 3355
- Taxi For Sure: +91 20 6060 1010
- Easy Ride Cabs: +91 20 27 400 800
- Go Speed Cabs: +91 20 6400 6444
- Traveltime: +91 20 66 000 000
- Wings Radio cabs: +91 20 40100100
- Uber Cabs
- autowale.in: +91 20 6611 1111
|Hotel||Location||Approx. Distance from venue||Approx. Price||Internet|
|Magnus Service Apartments||Kharadi||15km||$30||Yes|
|Hotel Lotus||Koregaon Park||10km||$36||Yes|
|Cocoon Hotel||Magarpatta City||15km||$61||Yes|
Pune boasts of a wide range of cuisines ranging from international food (like Italian, Chinese, South-east Asian) to various local dishes. Don't miss the famous misal-pav, vada-pav, puranpoli and a variety of other dishes while you are here! Pune caters to food suitable for all palates.
There are various restaurants and eateries near the conference venue as well as accomodation, which are hygenic, tasty and economical.
- Summers begin March to July. Though not as hot as Northern parts of India, the daytimes are very sunny with dry heat.
- Early mornings are pleasant and evenings after six, cool and breezy.
- Temperature: 23*c(min) to 35*c(max) [Approximate values]
- Rainfall: Expected (Monsoon starts end of June/Start of July)
Volunteers are conducting meetings on every tuesday at Red Hat Pune Office:
FUDCon Planning Meeting
- Meeting1: 27-Jan-2015
- Meeting2: 03-02-2015
- Meeting3: 17-02-2015
- Meeting4: 24-02-2015
- Meeting5: 03-03-2014
- Meeting6: 10-03-2014
- Meeting7: 17-03-2014
- Meeting8: 24-03-2014
- Meeting9: 31-03-2014
- Meeting10: 07-04-2014
- Meeting11: 14-04-2014
- Meeting12: 21-04-2014
Travel Sponshorshp Minutes
- Q: What does sponsorship mean?
- A: It means, Fedora Project will subsidize or reimburse your cost for travel and/or accommodation.
- Q: Am I eligible?
- A: Typically, if you are a Fedora contributor who is planning to present a talk or organize a hackfest or a workshop, you will be considered eligible. However if you are unsure or you feel that you have a good justification, go ahead and apply anyway. There is a much better of chance of getting sponsored if you request!
- Q: Will everyone who applies get sponsorship?
- A: Probably not. We will do our best to sponsor contributors who are within APAC to attend the event. We can potentially subsidize the costs of some non-APAC participants but our budget is tight. We would love to bring a global community to the FUDCon and welcome everyone to participate but we have to do it within the budget we have been granted
- Q: How will I know I am getting sponsored?
- A: We will update your ticket when we make a decision.
- Q: How will you decide who gets sponsored?
- A: All the organizers and other Fedora community members who will participate in the meetings get a vote. All discussions will happen transparently on #fudcon-planning and meeting minutes will be posted to the fedora-india mailing list. FUDCon meetings are open for everyone for participate. You are welcome to join us. There are no side way entrances. This is the same process for everyone in fedora. Please see sponsoring event attendees wiki page for more information.
- Q: When is the deadline?
- April 30th, 2015. We will keep it open for a while more if we can but don’t wait to apply. You have a much higher chance of being sponsored if you apply early while funds are available.