FUDCon APAC 2015 is organized in association with the Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Engineering (MIT COE), one of the premier engineering colleges in Pune, at their Campus.
- 1 About Pune
- 2 Event Details
- 3 Tentative Schedule
- 4 Getting to Pune
- 5 Administration
- 6 FAQ
Pune is a vibrant cultural city in the state of Maharashtra, India. It is located about 150 km east-south of Mumbai, the financial capital of India. Pune has a great distinction of being at the forefront in preserving and giving due prominance to the indigenous Maharashtrian culture, theatre, music, education and arts. Pune is known as the Oxford of the East for its rich educational heritage and variety of educational opportunities offered today.
Time & Place
Time : 26–28 May, 2015
About MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE)
MITCOE is among the top engineering colleges in India and in Pune. They have state of the art facilities, with a large well-equipped auditorium for the main track along with classrooms for parallel tracks. Most importantly though, the college faculty and students have active open source evangelists. MITCOE hosted a Free and Open Source Software event earlier this year called FOSSsumMIT, which was a great success.
Detailed venue address:Maharashtra Institute of Technology College of Engineering (MIT COE).
- Day 0: Welcome dinner for speakers
- Day 1: Registration, Keynote, talks, Dinner for speakers
- Day 2: Keynote, talks, FUDPub
- Day 3: Workshops, Lightning Talks, Hackfest
Call For Papers
Call for papers is open. To submit Talks/workshops/hackfets []
Getting to Pune
From anywhere else in India
Travelling from elsewhere in India to Pune would cost up to $100 by air, train or road
From outside India
The closest international Airport to Pune is Mumbai, which is about 150 km away which can be covered as a road trip on the expressway by cab/bus or by train at regular intervals round the clock. Direct flights to and from Pune are operated by various airlines to the following destinations:
- Abu Dhabi
Organizers will arrange for transportation between Mumbai airport and Pune.
Indian Visa application
You can get a Tourist, Business or Conference Visa to attend the FUDCon. An Indian visa is valid from the day it is issued, not from the day you arrive in the country.
The Electronic Travel Authorisation(ETA) facility became operational recently for citizens of over 43 eligible countries, including those who are eligible for visa on arrival.
Visa fee depends on the country of origin and nationality of the person applying for the visa. It ranges between 20 - 100 USD.
For further information on this, please check with local embassy office or Indian Visa Application center office or websites for information on applicable fee and payment methods.
Auto-rickshaws and call-taxi services are abundant and available. The public bus service is not very good, but we will arrange for transportation for conference speakers and organizers.
Taxi services in Pune:
- Ola Cabs: +91 20 3355 3355
- Taxi For Sure: +91 20 6060 1010
- Easy Ride Cabs: +91 20 27 400 800
- Go Speed Cabs: +91 20 6400 6444
- Traveltime: +91 20 66 000 000
- Wings Radio cabs: +91 20 40100100
- Uber Cabs
- autowale.in: +91 20 6611 1111
|Hotel||Location||Approx. Distance from venue||Approx. Price||Internet|
|Magnus Service Apartments||Kharadi||15km||$30||Yes|
|Hotel Lotus||Koregaon Park||10km||$36||Yes|
|Cocoon Hotel||Magarpatta City||15km||$61||Yes|
Pune boasts of a wide range of cuisines ranging from international food (like Italian, Chinese, South-east Asian) to various local dishes. Don't miss the famous misal-pav, vada-pav, puranpoli and a variety of other dishes while you are here! Pune caters to food suitable for all palates.
There are various restaurants and eateries near the conference venue as well as accomodation, which are hygenic, tasty and economical.
- Summers begin March to July. Though not as hot as Northern parts of India, the daytimes are very sunny with dry heat.
- Early mornings are pleasant and evenings after six, cool and breezy.
- Temperature: 23*c(min) to 35*c(max) [Approximate values]
- Rainfall: Expected (Monsoon starts end of June/Start of July)
Volunteers are conducting meetings on every tuesday at Red Hat Pune Office:
- Meeting1: 27-Jan-2015
- Meeting2: 03-02-2015
- Meeting3: 17-02-2015
- Meeting4: 24-02-2015
- Meeting5: 03-03-2014
- Meeting6: 10-03-2014
- Meeting7: 17-03-2014
- Meeting8: 24-03-2014
- Meeting9: 31-03-2014
- Meeting10: 07-04-2014
- Meeting11: 14-04-2014
- Q: What does sponsorship mean?
- A: It means, Fedora Project will subsidize or reimburse your cost for travel and/or accommodation.
- Q: Am I eligible?
- A: Typically, if you are a Fedora contributor who is planning to present a talk or organize a hackfest or a workshop, you will be considered eligible. However if you are unsure or you feel that you have a good justification, go ahead and apply anyway. There is a much better of chance of getting sponsored if you request!
- Q: Will everyone who applies get sponsorship?
- A: Probably not. We will do our best to sponsor contributors who are within APAC to attend the event. We can potentially subsidize the costs of some non-APAC participants but our budget is tight. We would love to bring a global community to the FUDCon and welcome everyone to participate but we have to do it within the budget we have been granted
- Q: How will I know I am getting sponsored?
- A: We will update your ticket when we make a decision.
- Q: How will you decide who gets sponsored?
- A: All the organizers and other Fedora community members who will participate in the meetings get a vote. All discussions will happen transparently on #fudcon-planning and meeting minutes will be posted to the fedora-india mailing list. FUDCon meetings are open for everyone for participate. You are welcome to join us. There are no side way entrances. This is the same process for everyone in fedora. Please see sponsoring event attendees wiki page for more information.
- Q: When is the deadline?
- April 30th, 2015. We will keep it open for a while more if we can but don’t wait to apply. You have a much higher chance of being sponsored if you apply early while funds are available.