- 1 Organizing Team
- 2 GOALS
- 3 About Puno
- 4 Major Local Airports and Their Distance Lodging and Venue
- 5 Detailed description of proposed venue and estimated costs including room capacity and configuration.
- 6 Description of proposed lodging and estimated costs along with a written agreement from lodging specifying rates
- 7 Estimated costs from main airports to the proposed site
- 8 Visas to enter Peru
- 9 FUDPub
- 10 Brief description of available resources and expertise with other events in the city.
- 11 Internet access in the lodging and conference venue
- 12 Restaurants near auditoriums.
- 13 Proposed dates
- 14 Sponsors
- 15 Budget
- 16 Pros and cons of the proposed location.
- Código Linux - Local open source community (Event Owner)
- Benjamin Flores (Event Owner)
- Tonet Jallo (Event Owner)
- Aly Machaca (Event Owner)
- Renne Lujano (Event Owner)
- Alex Oviedo
- Bernardo Hermitaño
- Chief of Department of the Statistic and Computing Professional School of UNAP.
- Promote Fedora at least in 6 regions of south of Peru like Cusco, Arequipa, Puno, Apurimac, Tacna and Moquegua and create local communities inside them.
- Promote Fedora in different north regions Bolivia near venue.
- Include at least 5 people into packagers team.
- Include at least 3 people into design team.
- At least package 2 big free/libre software from Peru (Chamilo) and Bolivia (because Bolivia is near to Puno City).
Puno is a city in southeastern Peru, located on the shore of Lake Titicaca. It is the capital city of the Puno Region and the Puno Province with a population of approximately 149,064 (2014 estimate). The city was established in 1668 by viceroy Pedro Antonio Fernández de Castro as capital of the province of Paucarcolla with the name San Juan Bautista de Puno. The name was later changed to San Carlos de Puno, in honor of king Charles II of Spain. Puno has several churches dating back from the colonial period; they were built to service the Spanish population and evangelize the natives.
- Elevation: 3830 m
- Temperature: 0° - 20° (for october)
More information at Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puno
Major Local Airports and Their Distance Lodging and Venue
International Airport Inca Manco Capac
Inca Manco Cápac International Airport known as Aeropuerto Internacional Inca Manco Cápac in Spanish, is an airport situated in the city of Juliaca, thirty minutes from the city of Puno at Titicaca Lake. Airport operation are run by Corporación Peruana de Aeropuertos y Aviación Comercial S.A. (CORPAC), the government entity that oversees management of Peruvian airports. Despite being classified as international, Inca Manco Cápac International Airport does not feature any scheduled international connections. The airport has one of the longest runways in Latin America.
Distance From Airport to Puno
The distance from International Airport Inca Manco Capac to Puno is 45Km, it's about 45 minutes by car.
Outline of Local Mass Transit
The city has public transport minibuses and taxis. The public transport (minibuses) will cost $ 0.25 per person and the taxi service has an average cost of U.S. $ 1 per race being the maximum of up to U.S. $ 2.5.
Detailed description of proposed venue and estimated costs including room capacity and configuration.
- Universidad Nacional del Altiplano (UNA)
- Universidad Andina Nestor Caceres Velasquez (UANCV)
- Colegio Santa Rosa (Pendient confirmation)
Universidad Nacional del Altiplano
Is an university located at the north east side of the city, this is the location Map:
Universidad Andina Nestor Caceres Velasquez
Is an university located at down town, this is the location Map:
Both Universities have Internet access, the UNA has more than 32Mbps but need some process for get this speed or more, for other side the UANCV has 15Mbps and the posibility of get 15Mbps more from La Inmaculada Concepción School located at the left side of the university.
Both Universities offers their installations freely.
UNA: Has an biggest auditorium, for 500 people about, and some rooms for 30 - 40 people about.
UANCV: Has an regular size auditorium for 250 people arround.
Description of proposed lodging and estimated costs along with a written agreement from lodging specifying rates
The proposed hotel is Monterrey Hotel (http://www.hotelmonterreypuno.com/) and it's located 10 minutes from the venue and the main square. The room costs are detailed below:
|Room||Price per day|
|Simple room||22.00 USD|
|Double room||40.00 USD|
|Triple room||52.00 USD|
All prices include the breakfast.
Estimated costs from main airports to the proposed site
They are considered as major airports, which are located in the capital cities of each country
|Atlanta||Air Canada||USD 1,401.75||2|
|Houston||American Airlines||USD 1,194.49||3|
|San Salvador||Avianca||USD 490.13||1|
|San Jose||Avianca||USD 727.53||2|
|Quito||Copa Airlines||USD 1,070.84||2|
|Santiago de Chile||Sky Airline||USD 507.88||1|
|Buenos Aires||LAN||USD 715.97||2|
|Montevideo||Aerolineas Argentinas||USD 832.84||2|
|La Paz||LAN||USD 335.25||1|
|Sao Paulo||TAM||USD 993.13||1|
Visas to enter Peru
Most tourists from Latin American countries do not need visa to enter Peru, unless any of them, please check your country on the following lists:
Central America and the Caribbean
|San Cristóbal y Nevis||No|
|San Vicente y Granadinas||No|
|Trinidad y Tobago||No|
To find out the requirements and the process of obtaining a visa, contact the nearest Peruvian embassy location
The FUDPub will be at El Atajo Restaurant located at center of the city, it has a big room and offers a lot of drinks and foods.
The tourist tour will be to Uros Floating Islands, it is a touristic zone in the Titicaca lake, these islands were maded with Totora.
Brief description of available resources and expertise with other events in the city.
- The Universidad Nacional del Altiplano is Sponsor of the event and the venue, advertising material and others are free.
- Groups of reception at the airport and the city guides (college students).
- Free Cultural night by the cast of UNAP.
- Free accommodation or reduced as negotiations with the sponsors and / or partners.
- City Tour or tour to Machu Picchu, after management with the sponsors and / or partners
- Various internaticional / national / regional students congress from different disciplines.
Internet access in the lodging and conference venue
Internet access is guaranteed in the auditoriums by Tonet Jallo and hotel managers (both are WIFI)
Restaurants near auditoriums.
There are many tourist restaurants near the university auditorium, to save you can go to the Central Market in the city which is 10 minutes from the university auditorium. The location of nearby restaurants to accommodation depend on it, most hotels of more than 2 stars usually offer breakfast as part of the service.
From: 06/10/2016 To: 09/10/2016
For october Puno is a sunny city with the next temperature:
Min 0 °C - Max 20 °C
We have some rain but it is not frecuently.
- 06 - Barcamp
- 07 - Barcamp
- 08 - FUDPub
- 09 - Tourist Tour to The Uros Floating Islands
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||T-Shirts||70|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Tags||80|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Banners||7|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Conference Hall||3|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||CD||400|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Working Folders (includes booklets)||400|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Pines||400|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Advertising posters A2 size||1 millar|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Certificates||400|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Projection Equipment||6|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Transport||-|
|Universidad Nacional del Altiplano||Laptop||3|
Potential sponsors and allies
- Puno Regional Goverment.
- Nestor Caceres Velazques Andean University.
- Provincial Municipality of Puno.
Omit things that give us sponsors.
|1||Lodging (double rooms for 10 people for 4 days)||USD 800.00|
|2||Air tickets for 10 people (average)||USD 7 776.12|
|3||Airport transfers for 10 people to lodge||USD 50.00|
Pros and cons of the proposed location.
- Availability of a group of university teachers as a standing committee of organization
- Availability of student groups for logistical support, reception and guided town.
- Availability of resources of the Local Universities for free.
- Experienced organizing team in various events and FUDCon Cusco 2013.
- The city is near of Bolivia and other people from there (users and ambassadors) can come from there.
- Hight cost of airfare from the outside to the city.
- The airport is far from the city
- Public transport messy.
- The city is over 3800 meters above sea level