This is a page where we can work through the "FUDCon 2.0" track of the Events FAD 2010.
- FUDCon page and things it links to
- FUDCon/Organization - our current howto plan a FUDCon doc
- 1 FUDCon per quarter
- $20k of budget from Red Hat per quarter, for FUDcons and FADs
- Hard minimum of at least 4 months advance planning for a FUDCon - 6 months recommended
- Time investment for planners: 3 months ahead at 10-15 hours per week, 1 month ahead at 25 hours per week.
- Not Europe for EMEA FUDcon?
- India on its own (split out from APAC)
- Rest of APAC
- Keep budget spread out.
- Do all FUDCons cost the same?
- Fill in the gaps with FADs
- Vacation time (contributors who have to take it)
- Proximity to other major events
- Fix spacing over time
Data from the FUDCon survey
See Marketing_research#FUDCon_Toronto_2009_Survey for data.
Discussion notes below:
- May very well need four days for next FUDCon. Need two days for technical sessions alone, fewer rooms at once.
- Welcome packet *at hotel*
- Conference software - ConMan
- Accessibility for remote attendees - workable FUDCon Live directions
- Find people who know what it means to make the event "family friendly"