This is a page where we can work through the "FUDCon 2.0" track of the Events FAD 2010.
- FUDCon page and things it links to
- FUDCon/Organization - our current howto plan a FUDCon doc
- 1 FUDCon per quarter
- $20k of budget from Red Hat per quarter, for FUDcons and FADs
- Hard minimum of at least 4 months advance planning for a FUDCon - 6 months recommended
- Time investment for planners: 3 months ahead at 10-15 hours per week, 1 month ahead at 25 hours per week.
- Not Europe for EMEA FUDcon?
- India on its own (split out from APAC)
- Rest of APAC
- Keep budget spread out.
- Do all FUDCons cost the same?
- Fill in the gaps with FADs
- Vacation time (contributors who have to take it)
- Proximity to other major events
- Fix spacing over time
Data from the FUDCon survey
See Marketing_research#FUDCon_Toronto_2009_Survey for data.
Discussion notes below:
- May very well need four days for next FUDCon. Need two days for technical sessions alone, fewer rooms at once.
- Welcome packet *at hotel*
- Conference software - ConMan
- Accessibility for remote attendees - workable FUDCon Live directions
- Find people who know what it means to make the event "family friendly"
Figuring out action items
- Look at the problems brainstorm at the start of the day, and...
- For each action item/deliverable, see what problems it potentially solves.
- If it definitely solves a problem, it's a "must do."
- If it might solve a problem, consider it as an experiment, and mark any regional concerns.
Potential things to work on Saturday
- General calendar for FUDcons
- 2010 instance of said calendar
- Bid process
- "things we should keep" list
- Bug list
- "howto run a fudcon" doc
- make FUDCon 4 days
- Welcome packet at hotel
- Conference software (conman)
- Improved FUDCon Live
- Make event "family friendly"
- Have a clear process for attendee sponsorship
The ideal process for Toronto
Roll back the clock: it's summer 2009 and we've just decided that Toronto's going to be the place for the NA FUDCon at the start of December. What, ideally, goes down? (We're constrained to tools and people we had at the time.)
|Time|| Local team
| Planning team
| External resources |
| Bid process end
|* Done with bid process||* execute on FUDCon|