Ada is a structured, statically typed, imperative, wide-spectrum, and object-oriented high-level computer programming language. It has strong built-in language support for explicit concurrency, offering tasks, synchronous message passing (via guarded task entries), protected objects (a monitor-like construct with additional guards as in conditional critical regions) and nondeterminism (via select statements).
- Name: Pavel Zhukov
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: (DATE)
- Percentage of completion: 25%
Benefit to Fedora
For Fedora this brings the Ada support right up to date and alongside Debian. It also enables our developers to use a powerful, secure and fast programming language.
Required steps are:
- XMLAda - full XML stack for
- GprBuild - Gnat project build
- GtkAda - Ada bindings for GTK
- QtAda - Ada bindings for QT
- GPS - GNAT Programming Studio
- AWS - Ada web server and tools for http:// and other protocols