Add Erlyvideo video streaming server to the Fedora repositories.
- Name: Peter Lemenkov
- Email: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-03-19
- Percentage of completion: 30%
Erlyvideo is a modern video streaming server, written in Erlang. You can use Erlyvideo to stream to Flash, iPad, Android, SetTopBox.
Unique features like capturing endless streams, streaming directly from Amazon S3-like storages and connecting to SDI make this server a best choice for building video infrastructure.
Benefit to Fedora
A multimedia-related application will not be useful w/o underlying multimedia-codecs. So it will be necessary to ensure that it will work with open/patent-unencumbered ones. This could be quite complex task.
How To Test
* edit /etc/flussonic/flussonic.conf for your needs * read manual in config how to work with it * open http://localhost:8080/index.html
Users will be able to install Erlyvideo with only "sudo yum install erlyvideo" instead of reading large manuals, fetching sources from GitHub, compiling them, installing and fixing inevitable installation errors.
- Switch to erlang-emmap
- Strip off ffmpeg-related stuff
Add WebM- fixed upstream in #41eabbe
- Add iLBC / Opus as a payload if time permits.
- Provide systemd unit-file.
None necessary. Entirely new application.
Fedora 19 includes the latest version of Erlyvideo, a complete video streaming solution, written in Erlang.