= Feature: D Programming =
Update D environnement:
- ldc compiler to latest stable compiler
- update standard library to dmd front-end 2.056
- add gtkd package for create beautiful GUI
- add derelict package for works in 2D/3D environment, support openGL spec v4.1
- add DSQLITE package for use sqlite in D
- add gl3n package for OpenGL Maths for D
- add gljm package for load VBOs from various formats.
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2011-12-06
- Percentage of completion: 50%
Since Fedora 14 step by step enhance environment for D developer. With Fedora 17 we provides more tools for D user. In more each package will provides doc into devhelp and tag for geany.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora will take some benefit to increase its community of developers with the inclusion of this feature. And an easy way for people who want to try this language. Fedora could to become a good choice for everyone who use D or want learn D programming. In more with this feature they are several tool for making games or 3D application. Create a GUI through GTKD is very attractive.
Required steps are:
- LLVM 3.0
- LDC package
- druntime package
- phobos package
- gtkd package / review
- derelict package / review
- DSQLITE package / review
- gl3n package / review
- gljm package / review
How To Test
- Ensure that unnitest works
- Collect feedback from volunteers regarding their experience with D programming
None necessary. We should fix existing packages in order to help the Community. We should also monitor upstream development process for potentially discovered issues and pro-actively apply patches.
The D2 programming language will be available in Fedora 17. D is a modern language with high performance near C/C++ with an easy syntax. C/C++ and Java developers can easily migrate to D.