Fedora Management and Configuration Infrastructure (FMCI).
The current Fedora management and configuration tools state is not very good in comparison with other distributions. Fedora includes several system configuration tools (system-config-*) - .
This should change with FMCI.
This effort includes:
- consistent high level management and configuration interface exposed over system message bus (DBus),
- proper documentation of existing interfaces exposed over system message bus,
- and user interfaces using this/these interface(s).
- Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik AT redhat DOT com)
- Roman Rakus (rrakus AT redhat DOT com)
- Radek Novacek (rnovacek AT redhat DOT com)
- Targeted release: Fedora 23
- Last updated: 2010-03-22
- Percentage of completion: 5% (planning stage)
- Waiting for Fedorahosted.org
How To Test
This is new project - there's no contingency plan needed.