Faster Boot Time
Make Fedora have a 15-20 second faster boot/start-up time.
- Name: Daniel Hendrycks
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://my.opera.com/DanielHendrycks/about/
- Targeted release: Fedora 13
- Last updated: November 21, 2009
Ubuntu 10.4 is supposed to have a 10 second start-up time. Chrome OS now has a 5 second start-up time. Fedora's start-up time is not as fast as either of those. Fedora should focus on faster start-up time because people want to use their computers as quickly as possible.
Benefit to Fedora
This would make users happy because people dislike waiting. Making users happy helps Fedora.
- Various components in the start-up need to be executed faster and some even removed.
How to Test
Start-up your computer and time it. Record the time. Through the pre-release process of Fedora 13 record those start-up times to see if the goal is reached.
This will enhance user experience through noticeable speed, that always make people happy.
If not completed in time continue implementation for Fedora 14.
Not available because there is no current implementation of this feature.