Upgrade Firefox to the latest release in the Mozilla 1.9.1 series. This equates to Firefox 3.1.
- Name: ChristopherAillon
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: 08-JAN-2009
- Percentage of completion: 95%
Rebase Firefox to the latest 3.1 release. This involves a rebase of XULRunner to 1.9.1 as well, and includes rebuilds of some dependent packages.
Benefit to Fedora
There are many improvements to the code in the XR1.9.1/FF3.1 branch including some nice performance wins. It will also give Fedora the latest release in the new line of code and prevent us from having a stale release which could potentially be EOL'd by upstream during F11's lifetime.
Requires rebasing xulrunner and firefox packages to the latest versions upstream and rebuild several packages. As of 08-JAN-2009 the only packages that have not been successfully built against the new xulrunner packages are: gnome-web-photo and pcmanx-gtk2. However, gnome-web-photo fails to build due to the new libtool.
- Mozilla upstream has a great testsuite, run it on i386 and x86_64
- Work with Fedora QA to ensure that we have sufficient coverage
- Browsing should be somewhat faster due to various improvements
- New private browsing mode
- xulrunner-1.9.1 (already in rawhide)
There is no turning back.