First-Class Cloud Images
Cloud images for EC2 and for generic use (download and use in any cloud environment, like OpenStack, CloudStack, or Eucalyptus) will be produced as part of the Alpha, Beta, and Final compose process, and distributed on the mirror network. We'll also have automatic nightly builds of Rawhide and of the development version.
- Name: Matthew Miller
- Email: mattdm at fedoraproject dot org
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: January 16, 2013
- Percentage of completion: 0%
- Koji updated to support image creation under visualization using Factory/Oz
- Scratch images built weekly
- "Blessed" built for Alpha, Beta, and Final
Benefit to Fedora
Updates to Koji are a fairly major infrastructure change. We'll need bare-metal builders (or nested virt). ImageFactory/Oz will grow the ability to take kickstarts in addition to xml templates. Creating LiveCDs with the same system will also require some changes to ImageFactory/Oz.
Release engineering will produce images weekly (in an automated way).
Will also need procedure for producing, testing, and blessing the official images for test and final releases.