Update Fedora Haskell packages to the latest major version 7.4.1 of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.
- Name: Jens Petersen
- Email: petersen at redhat.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2012-01-05
- Percentage of completion: 15%
Bumping ghc version requires a complete rebuild of all Haskell packages against the new version.
Benefit to Fedora
- Bootstrap ghc-7.4 in rawhide.
- Finalize ghc-rpm-macros for F17 (drop ghc-prof provides).
- Refresh and rebuild all Haskell packages with appropriate version bumps.
- Test packages in rawhide/f17
How To Test
- yum install ghc
- yum install haskell-platform
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- yum install pandoc
Fedora users will have the latest version of GHC available to them.
ghc-7.4.1 release is expected soon. haskell-platform release for ghc-7.4 expected next year.
None planned/expected, but in worst case could revert to current ghc-7.0.4.
The Haskell GHC compiler has been updated to version 7.4.1 with numerous new features and improvements.