Update Fedora Haskell packages to the latest major version 7.4.1 of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.
- Name: Jens Petersen
- Email: petersen at redhat.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2012-01-05
- Percentage of completion: 15%
Bumping ghc version requires a complete rebuild of all Haskell packages against the new version.
Benefit to Fedora
- Update Rawhide to haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 [in progress]
- Bootstrap ghc-7.4 in rawhide.
- Finalize ghc-rpm-macros for F17 (drop ghc-prof provides).
- Refresh and rebuild all Haskell packages with appropriate version bumps.
- Test packages in rawhide/f17
How To Test
- yum install ghc
- yum install haskell-platform
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- yum install pandoc
Fedora users will have the latest version of GHC available to them.
ghc-7.4.1 release is expected soon. haskell-platform release for ghc-7.4 expected next year.
If ghc-7.4.1 is not released in good time for Alpha then will probably just target haskell-platform-2011.4 for Fedora 17, and wait with ghc-7.4 until F18.
The Haskell GHC compiler has been updated to version 7.4.1 with numerous new features and improvements.