Update Fedora Haskell packages to the latest major version 7.4.1 of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler.
- Name: Jens Petersen
- Email: petersen at redhat.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: 2012-06-21
- Percentage of completion: 75%
Bumping ghc version requires a complete rebuild of all Haskell packages against the new version.
Benefit to Fedora
GHC 7.4 is a major new version of the Haskell compiler with many improvements.
- Bootstrap ghc-7.4.1 in rawhide [done]
- Finalize ghc-rpm-macros for F18 [done]
- Refresh and rebuild all Haskell packages with appropriate version bumps [done]
- Build ghc-7.4 for secondary archs [done]
- update Haskell Platform to 2012.2.0.0 [done]
- Test packages in rawhide/f18
How To Test
- yum install ghc
- yum install haskell-platform
- yum install @haskell
- yum install xmonad
- yum install ghc-*-devel
- yum install pandoc
Fedora users will have the latest version of GHC available to them.
haskell-platform-2012.2 for ghc-7.4.1 has been released.
No major problems expected.
The Haskell GHC compiler has been updated to version 7.4.1 with many new features and improvements.