Feature Name Guile2
Update Guile to version 2.0.x in Fedora 19.
- Name: Jan Synacek
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 01-21-2013
- Percentage of completion: 50%
- compat-guile18 (
- patch existing packages to
compat-guile18 package will provide additional time for the packages to be ported to guile2.
Benefit to Fedora
New version of GNU Guile will be available. Further development will be based on this package instead of the old version.
Packages listed in Dependencies section will have to be patched to Require or Buildrequire the compat-guile18 package. Furthermore, they will have to be patched (if necessary) to use the renamed autotools macros.
How To Test
guile-1.8.8 should be properly obsoleted by compat-guile18. guile-1.8.8 should be properly upgraded to guile-2.0.x.
- No visible changes to the end user.
- New Guile functionality and API.
- Some rebuilds and small patches needed. See Scope and Dependencies sections.
TeXmacs aisleriot autogen coot denemo drgeo freehoo freetalk g-wrap g-wrap geda-gattrib geda-gnetlist geda-gschem geda-gsymcheck geda-utils gnubik gnucash gnurobots gnutls-guile graphviz-guile guile-cairo guile-devel guile-lib libctl libgeda lilypond mdk rumor trackballs xbindkeys
- Information about Guile 2 can be found at http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/download.html#releases.
No need for a release notes entry.