MeeGo™ Netbook UX 1.0
Provide the MeeGo™ Netbook UX 1.0 experience in Fedora
- Name: PeterRobinson
- Email: pbrobinson AT gmail DOT com
Download and Installation
For rawhide testing of MeeGo™ you can do 'yum install meego-netbook'
Please provide feeback to mini mailing list and report specific bugs against the components in RHBZ.
- Targeted release: Fedora 14
- Last updated: 2010-07-11
- Percentage of completion: 60%
- Reviewing and updating packages.
The MeeGo™ Architecture is designed to support multiple platforms and usage models ranging from Netbooks and NetTops to Mobile Internet Devices (MID) and various embedded usage models, such as In Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems. MeeGo Netbook UX is built on the GNOME Mobile platform, extending and enriching it with new technologies like Clutter, GUPnP and libsocialweb. The MeeGo Netbook UX is the user environment that sits of top of Fedora and associated MeeGo core services. The netbook user interface and user interaction model for the target devices then is on top of that. For this feature we will be specifically targetting the Netbook UX.
Benefit to Fedora
Expand the support of MeeGo™ in Fedora for NetBook users. This expands on the existing support we've had for Moblin in Fedora 12 and 13.
There are a number of stages in the scope for this feature:
- Update existing packages for the MeeGo 1.0 Netbook UX
- Submit all new packages for review
- Review changes in architecture for the upstream release.
- Build and test individual packages
- Test 'yum groupinstall meego-netbook' to ensure we get a working MeeGo Netbook UX 1.0
- Testing of the core MeeGo Desktop environment
- Testing of MeeGo application functionality.
- Users of the Fedora Meego™ 1.0 Spin would have a much better user experience on their NetBook, NetTop and other small devices.
- Fall back to shipping the Moblin 2.1 release.
MeeGo Netbook UX 1.0 is available in Fedora 14