Nodoka Notification Theme
Create new theme/engine in Nodoka style for the notification bubbles that are currently plain and ugly looking.
- Name: mso
- Targeted release: Fedora 10
- Last updated: 2008-07-14
- Percentage of completion: 80%
- Write working, feature complete engine: DONE
- Import the package into Fedora: DONE
- Add support for notification themes selection into appearance caplet: in progress
- Make default
- Finetune the desing: in progress
Notification-daemon is one of the libraries that though it supports theming, so far no effort has been made to make new, better separate themes for it. In Fedora, unlike Ubuntu, we use the standard theme, which looks ugly. This feature tries to create a better theme designed specially for Fedora, which means it needs to part of the Nodoka Theme.
The development is happening in the same place as the rest of the Nodoka Themes - .
Benefit to Fedora
New theme for notification daemon improves general user experience from the fedora artwork, which is therefore more consistent and better looking.
New engine that provides the same features as the default notification-deamon engine needs to be created and built into Fedora. We need a more convenient way for users to switch between the different themes than having to edit gconf keys.
- Build into Fedora
- Set as default engine
- Test themes selection
User gets better looking notification bubbles but with same functionality as provides the upstream default theme.
- Need to import new package with the theme - DONE
- Introduce theme selection support, preferably into the appearances caplet - in progress
- Set the engine as default in Fedora
Stay with the current theme.
None needed, perhaps just a note about the change.