A flexible, open source file sync and share solution that can be accessed from a mobile device, a workstation, or a web client.
- Email: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 2012-07-24
- Percentage of completion: 60% (Everything is packaged and testable from a side-repo but we are still waiting for reviews.)
Package OwnCloud, both the server and the client. Consider integration of the client in the KDE spin (if there is some space left)
Benefit to Fedora
This feature will improve Fedora as a cloud platform. OwnCloud is not yet another cloud but a service to run yourself with complete control over your data.
Package reviews. Unfortunately ownCloud bundles a lot of 3rd party code, that we need to package first:
- Owncloud Review Request
- jQuery - Review Request
- jQuery UI - Review Request
- SabreDAV - Review requests: php-sabredav_Sabre, php-sabredav-Sabre_DAV, php-sabredav-Sabre_HTTP, php-channel-sabredav, php-sabredav-Sabre_CalDAV, php-sabredav-Sabre_CardDAV, php-sabredav-Sabre_DAVACL, php-sabredav-Sabre_VObject
- Time Picker
- various other easy to package PEAR modules
How To Test
- Make sure the OwnCloud server can be installed.
- There should be no unresolved dependencies
- No manual configuration should be required and if, make sure all steps are correctly described in a README.Fedora
- Make sure you can upload download and sync files
- Install the owncloud client
- Point it at localhost and upload a file
- Try to download the file from another machine.
- Repeat the same for the Android or iOS client if you like.
- Do the same with a webbrowser and the web-ui
- Users should be able to easily store their data on OwnCloud
- Provide package to easy set up and host OwnCloud on a server
- php with zip extension (available in Fedora >= 17, see bug 551513)
- php-pear-MDB2 (plus drivers for either MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- more PEAR modules (see #Scope)
Don't ship it.
- This Fedora release comes with OwnCloud, a flexible, open source file sync and share solution that can be accessed from a mobile device, a workstation, or a web client. For more information, visit .