KDE Plasma Active
Package and integrate Plasma Active interface by KDE project, aiming on touch-enabled devices like tablets, mobile phones and TVs. Make sure PA is co-installable with standard KDE Plasma Workspaces offering.
- KDE SIG
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- IRC: #fedora-kde
- Targeted release: Fedora 17
- Last updated: 2011-12-07
- Percentage of completion: 10%
plasma-mobile and kde-artwork-active already in Rawhide, countour under review, share-like-connect is currently packaged (applies for Plasma Active One).
Plasma Active is innovative technology for an intelligent user experience (UX). It is intended for all types of tablets, smartphones and touch computing devices such as settop boxes, smart TVs, home automation, in-vehicle infotainment.
The aim of this feature is to package and integrate Plasma Active into Fedora distribution.
Plasma Active consists from:
- mobile Plasma user experience based on Activities and share-like-connect concept
- Countour semantic extensions
- Active applications
External link: Plasma Active One website
Benefit to Fedora
Integration of Plasma Active is the first step to offer Fedora users touch-enabled user experience. The next step is integrated image distributed as standalone spin that could be installed on tablets, for example ExoPC/WeTab/Lenovo IdeaPad.
The most important for integration is to allow co-existence of both classic KDE Plasma Workspaces and Plasma Active. There are no other system wide changes needed.
How To Test
A modern touch-enabled user experience based on Activities and share-like-connect concept.
- upstream Plasma Active Two release (December 13 2011)
- upstream's required KDE Plasma Workspaces release, see  and 
- Fedora branding/theming from Fedora Design team!
Plasma Active is a new component in Fedora, if we don't finish an integration part, we can postpone feature for Fedora 18. Packages will be available in repository.