- New features may be proposed (using the guidelines described elsewhere) and accepted by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) up until two weeks before the Feature Freeze milestone.
- FESCo will consider features proposed after this deadline on an exception basis
- New features must be feature complete or close enough to completion by Alpha freeze that a majority of its functionality can be suitably tested--the "feature is testable".
- Feature complete means that the code required to enable to the new feature is finished. This is reflected as a percentage. It does not mean the feature has been fully tested.
- Testing new features happens during the Alpha and Beta releases.
- After feature freeze the Feature Wrangler will present a list of all the features that are not 100% complete or lack evidence of "testability." FESCo will review these feature to determine if they should remain as features of the current release.
- After FESCo's review of incomplete features the final feature list will be publicly announced by the Feature Wrangler.