Submitting New Features
- New features may be proposed (using the guidelines described elsewhere) and accepted by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) up until the Feature Submission Deadline:
- Two weeks before the Feature Freeze milestone.
- FESCo will consider features proposed after this deadline on an exception basis
- New features must be feature complete or close enough to completion by Feature Freeze so that a majority of its functionality can be tested during the Alpha and Beta releases.
- If a feature page specifies that a feature will be enabled by default, it must be so at Feature Freeze.
- Features meeting the preceding bullets are considered testable.
- At Beta Freeze new features must be code complete meaning that all the code required to enable to the new feature is finished.
- The level of code completeness is reflected as a percentage which is expected to be 100%. It does not mean the feature has been fully tested.
Announcing the Final Feature List
- After FESCo's review of incomplete features the final feature list will be publicly announced by the Feature Wrangler.
- After Feature Freeze the Feature Wrangler will present a list of all the features that are not 100% complete or lack evidence of "testability." FESCo will review these feature to determine if they should remain as features of the current release.
- After Beta Freeze the Feature Wrangler will present a list of all the features that are not 100% complete. FESCo will review these feature to determine if they should remain as features of the current release.