- New features may be proposed (using the guidelines above) and accepted no later than the Feature Freeze milestone
- By the time of Alpha freeze, the "Scope" section of the feature must be fleshed out and well defined, meaning that there are defined criteria for success or failure of the feature.
- By the time of Beta Freeze, test plans must be complete.
- New features must be feature complete or close enough to completion by Beta freeze that a majority of its functionality can be suitably tested--the "feature is testable".
- At feature freeze the Feature Wrangler will present a final feature status to FESCo which FESCo will review and comment on
- After final review by FESCo at Feature Freeze the final accepted Feature list (Release Road Map) will be publicly announced by the Feature Wrangler.