Bringing current QA project to SQA
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: 2008-11-04
- Percentage of completion: 01%
- Creation of QA board which would be elected or otherwise selected individuals from each "sub project"
- Fesco could be that board.
Oh great time out in the wiki on what I had written teaches me to save more often.
Here's sum of what I had written hit me with questions and I will answer...
- Improving documentation on the wiki
- Create a calender on the wiki which project assign them self to a certain time slots and what to test
- Build an automated test system.
- Build a better/more active test community.
- Get developers to redirect test traffic from the devel-list to the test-list
- Get Gnome/KDE/XFCE etc to have something like properties item which would show what's being executed and perhaps
to which package it belongs to get correcter bug reports.
- Create each listen "component" in bugzilla to have it's own wiki page with relevant info on debuging testing etc see
Anaconda for example. VERY VITAL THAT THIS IS ACHIEVED.
- and more...
Benefit to Fedora
- Improved Documentation
- Proper QA process
- Better bug reports
- Better testing.
- Easier triaging
Requires Developers/maintainers of listed components in bugzilla to create or assist in creating its own wiki page.
This is mostly wiki add-ons/changes. There will be some RFE that can be tested if they are accepted by upstream...
The project itself will get a more professional QA. Developers will get better bug reports. Tester will learn more.
Depends highly on each bugzilla component has it wiki page..
Keep the process as is...
QA Will hold the new QA wikipage along with it sub pages.. Hack at will...
Comments and Discussion
- See Talk:Features/QA