Providing the most current relase of Scala a functional programming language based on the JVM.
- Name: Jochen Schmitt
- Email: Jochen@herr-schmitt.de <your email address so we can contact you, invite you to meetings, etc.>
- Targeted release: Fedora 19
- Last updated: 1013/01/29
- Percentage of completion: 0%
Benefit to Fedora
Providing of the most current Release of Scala-2.10 which is a functional programming language based on the JVM. In opposite of the upstream release we want to offer support for the swing module on JDK-1.7. This swing module is an prerelease support which is not official released by the upstream distribution.
The new release intruduce new minor changes of the language which may impact existing scala projects. Additionally scala 2.10 intruduced the emit of bytecode of jdk-1.7. In opposite the support of jdk-1.5 will been discontinued. In opposite of the official release we provide a prerelease jdk-1.7 support of the swing module which is not currently released in the official scala distribution.
The new release of scala requires additional packages which are not yes introducted in Fedora. At lese we need the following packages for scala:
How To Test
1. Login as a normal user.
2. call the command scala.
3. Enter 'println ("Hello World")' on the scala prompt.
Providing of the most current release of the Scala programming language.
We need some packages like pax-swissbox which are not already inteoducted in Fedora.
Shipping of the release 2.92 which is available in Fedora 18 and 17.
- Official Scala website 
- Providing of Scala-2.10 as a functional programming language based on the JVM. In opposite of the upstream release we support the swing module on JDK-1.7.