System configuration tools cleanup.
Fedora includes several system configuration tools (system-config-*). Each of these configuration tools...
This effort includes:
- GUI look & feel consistency
- elimination of not used tools
- better functionality
- Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik AT redhat DOT com)
- Targeted release: Fedora 26
- Last updated: 2009-01-09
- Percentage of completion: ?
There are several system configuration tools in Fedora which differs in terms of functionality, look and feel and quality. The aim of this project is to enhance this tools - unify look and feel, add better functionality and raise overall quality. Some of these tools are even obsoleted now.
The idea is to cleanup our system configuration tools in these areas:
Consistent look & feel
- Follow Gnome Human Interface Guidelines http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/
- Consistently use dialog/application style
- Make system config tools look/behave similar
- Similar application window design
- Ok/Apply buttons
- Reverting changes
Tools to eliminate
Benefit to Fedora
System configuration tools are very visible parts of Fedora and high quality management tools could attract more users from competitor's operating systems. Also this project will help current Fedora users to maintain their systems in more efficient way.
How To Test
For each component will be reported bugs.
(Nearly) every system configuration tool has own documentation. This documentation has to be updated to reflect all changes.
Comments and Discussion