Upgrade Thunderbird to the latest release in the Mozilla 1.9.1 series. This equates to Thunderbird 3.
- Name: JanHorak , ChristopherAillon
- Email: jhorak at redhat dot com , caillon at redhat dot com
- Targeted release: Fedora 11
- Last updated: 26-FEB-2009
- Percentage of completion: 100%. Package built successfully into Rawhide. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=92162
Rebase Thunderbird to the latest 3.0 release.
Benefit to Fedora
There are many improvements to the code in the Mozilla 1.9.1/TB3 branch including some nice performance wins. It will also give Fedora the latest release in the new line of code and prevent us from having a stale release which could potentially be EOL'd by upstream during F11's lifetime.
- Same as the Firefox 3.1 plan, but run against Thunderbird. The two have very similar codepaths since they are based on the same gecko.
- Mail should be somewhat faster due to various improvements
- Better IMAP support
- New Add-ons manager (a la FF 3.x)
There is no turning back.