(Moved to FeatureReadyForFesco, ticket #895)
(Feature Typing Booster has been accepted for F18 by FESCo on the Jul 16 meeting (ticket #895))
|Line 99:||Line 99:|
Revision as of 12:51, 17 July 2012
Ibus-Typing Booster is a predictive input method for the ibus platform. It predicts complete words based on partial input. One can then simply select the desired word from a list of suggestions and improve one's typing speed and spelling.
- Name: Anish Patil
- Name: email@example.com
- Targeted release: Fedora 18
- Last updated: Wed July 12 2012
- Percentage of completion: 50%
The goal is to provide an efficient completing input method that will assist users while typing text.
Different Keymaps: For Indic languages,ibus typing booster supports key maps (like phonetic, inscript, typewriter) which are supported in m17n db.
Boost: Within few keystrokes user gets the desire word within the list. It saves user's typing and makes typing faster. e.g For typing word "wordnet", it requires three 6 key strokes. With Typing Booster it requires only three keystrokes.
Easiness: No need to learn new method or technology. User can add/delete new words into the user dictionary. New words will get added automatically.
Accuracy: Since the suggestions come from a validated hunspell dictionaries, the selected words always give 100% accurate spelling.
Ibus typing booster is replacement of indic typing booster and english typing booster project.
Benefit to Fedora
Currently Ibus Typing Booster supports the following languages:-
Ibus typing booster will enhance the text creation process, and end users will be able to type more accurately and faster with this input method. Ibus typing booster offers features such as, prediction of words (auto-completion), suggestions of words:suggestions are by frequency of use.
This feature will give Fedora users a interesting, more modern input experience.
- Develop initial version of ibus-typing-booster. [Need to rename ibus-hunspell-table to ibus-typing-booster]
- Submit package for review and build. [in progress]
- Test in rawhide and updates-testing. [in progress]
- For installation of ibus-typing-booster
- sudo yum install ibus-typing-booster -y
- User will install particular language dictionary using set up UI of typing booster
- For selection of particular IME
- Run im-chooser (Input method selector) and select ibus
- Right click on desktop panel's ibus icon -> select preference -> click on input method
- Choose English(US) - Hunspell from English language submenu
- Testing the application
- Open any text creation application
- Click on ibus icon and select English(US) - Hunspell to start ibus-typing-booster for English language
Enjoy! and report any bugs or suggestions!
Users have a new predictive input method which allows them to write in different languages with completion. It is particularly convenient for typing longer unfamiliar words. Boost in typing process with accurate spellings.
- No other packages depend on this.
- Upstream is maintained by feature owner
For indic and english language, user can install existing ibus-indic-table and ibus-european-table packages.
- Typing booster is a predictive text input method for different languages. It enhances user typing experience.