Yesod Web Framework
Yesod is a Haskell web framework for productive development of type-safe, RESTful, high performance web applications.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Targeted release: Fedora 20
- Last updated: 2013-04-25
- Percentage of completion: 15%
This is a packaging effort: the Yesod stack of packages requires quite a lot of new Haskell libraries to be added to Fedora. Some basic packages have already been done for a long time but there are a lot left to be added.
Benefit to Fedora
Yesod is probably the most high profile Web framework for Haskell, and also described in a book. Since building it all by hand oneself can be non-trivial, tedious, and time consuming it is to Fedora's advantage that developers will be able to install it easily. Yesod is already included in Debian, Ubuntu and some other Linux distributions.
Yesod stack of libraries will be packaged following package versions in latest yesod-platform (currently 126.96.36.199):
- Package yesod-core and its dependencies
- Package yesod and its dependencies
How To Test
- Install with: yum install yesod
- Run: yesod init
- In created directory run: yesod devel
- Access to http://localhost:3000/
Users will be able to install Yesod directly without having to build it all themselves, making it easier to learn, test and development web applications in Haskell using Yesod.
None necessary - just ship completed subset of packages.
- Yesod Haskell web framework for productive development of type-safe, RESTful, high performance web applications is now available in Fedora.