Fedora JBoss Spin
This aim of this page is to gather all information relevant to the creation of the JBoss spin for Fedora. I (Gerard Ryan) am working on this as a project under Google Summer of Code 2012, with (Marek Goldmann) as mentor. More details on the GSOC proposal can be found here.
There may be some difficulty with using tycho in Fedora, see patches for eclipse-cdt.
At the moment, I'm using the following page as a reference for learning how to build: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToBuildJBossToolsWithMaven3 Also, focusing on the 3.3.0.Beta3 branch, so this also applies: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HowToBuildJBossToolsWithMaven3-WorkingWithBranches
Currently, I'm running all mvn-rpmbuild commands from the build/ directory. I'm not sure if this is the best way going forward, it may not be necessary but the pom.xml there includes profiles for all the other components, and bootstrap profiles for many of them too.
Provisional list of packages for JBoss Tools (dependencies will be added here when discovered)
- builds parent pom and target-platform pom (maybe these should be separated, parent builds target-platform anyway I think, even if it exists).
- not sure if this is necessary, it may not apply as a package. Parent and target platform need to be built for all plugins, so I figure this might be the way to do it.
- provisional package available at http://galileo.fedorapeople.org/jbosstools_srpms/jbosstools-parent-3.3.0.Beta3-1.fc17.src.rpm
- needs jbosstools-tests
- needs jbosstools-usage
- needs jbosstools-common, jbosstools-tests, jbosstools-usage
- needs jbosstools-common, jbosstools-tests, jbosstools-archives, jbosstools-jmx
- currently commented out of jbosstools-parent to make it work
- may not be necessary or desired
- needed by eclipse-jbosstools-tests
Table below shows what is officially submitted to Fedora (after creating review request).
|1||uddi4j||2.0.5||RHBZ #825890||galileo(grdryn)||In Rawhide|
|2||wsil4j||1.0||RHBZ #826014||galileo(grdryn)||In Rawhide|
|3||geronimo-activation||1.1||RHBZ #826777||galileo(grdryn)||Skipped||Activation framwework is included in JDK 6+ Most probably you don't need this package, at all.|
|4||eclipse-wtp-webservices||3.4.0||RHBZ #827917||galileo(grdryn)||In Rawhide||Depends on RHBZ #826014, RHBZ #826327, RHBZ #826776|
|5||eclipse-wtp-jeetools||3.4.0||RHBZ #833154||galileo(grdryn)||Waiting for review|
|6||eclipse-wtp-jpa||3.4.0||RHBZ #833641||galileo(grdryn)||Waiting for review||Depends on RHBZ #833154|
|Issue||Package encountered a serious issue while packaging (license, etc) - see Comments field for more info.|
|Skipped||Package submitted by accident or not required anymore.|
|Waiting for review||Package is submitted for review and ready to be reviewed. Feel free to pick this package and do the review.|
|In review||Package is submitted for review and being reviewed by someone.|
|After review, waiting for SCM||Package passed review and packages is waiting for creating git repo in Fedora for this package.|
|In Rawhide||Package is available in Rawhide. Yay! This means also that the package was submitted to Fedora 17 as an update.|