FEDORA COMMUNITY USABILITY TEST: Usability Tester 5
- Date/Time: Wednesday 6 December 2009
- Video Files:
- Part A: TBA
- Part B: TBA
- FAS Account: (withheld for privacy for now)
- Browser used: firefox-3.5.6-1.fc12.x86_64
- Computer used: Mo's x61 laptop (Fedora 12)
- Package maintainership: Owns 2 packages
- Note: This user had never used a Thinkpad trackpoint before and had some issues with it. No mouse was available.
Introduction / First Impressions
- Have you seen this site before? If so, where did you hear about it?
- I've seen it twice. I found out about it through planet.fedoraproject.org
- Have you used this site before? If so, what have you used it for? How did that go? How often have you used this site?
- Yes I have. I used it to check for a bug report.
- It worked well. I used it twice.
- It's hard to remember the URL for it.
- (On front page) What are your first impressions, looking at this site now?
- looks clean/professional
- (On front page) What do you think this site is?
- 'Community' is a confusing name.
- I figured it out though
- (On front page) Any other comments you'd like to make about this site?
- I like it.
- Would like discussion / more interactive comments
- (On front page) What do you think of this page? Where would you click first?
- I would click on login
TASK SET I
- View your profile on this site. What do you think about it? Is the information accurate? Do your group memberships seem accurate? Do your package affiliations seem accurate?
- used the right sidebar
- the personal information is accurate
- the groups are not accurate - my 'design team' membership is not listed
- packages look accurate
- there's an error on the bottom that says there's missing data
- You've just spoken with Dennis Gilmore and he's asked you to open a ticket for him in a fedorahosted.org trac instance. In order to cc Dennis on the ticket, you'll need to figure out his FAS account name. Where would you go to look it up?
- search box at top, types 'denis' (with typo)
- tried 'dennis' next
- tried 'duffy' and found my account
- could not find dennis
- Do you have any unpushed updates? Where would you go to look this up?
- looks at the left nav, hovers over 'package maintenance'
- goes to overview
- looks at 'latest builds i own', looks at 'quicklinks' and hovers over it
- ends up clicking on 'bodhi' in the quicklinks and ends up at the bodhi UI
- gives up
- How are your builds doing? Where would you go to look this up?
- right clicks 'koji' in the hover menu
- ignores 'overview'
- clicks 'package maintenance' on the left
- goes back to 'overview'
- hovers over right sidebar
- notices it in the overview, finally realizes it was right there :)
- Let's say you have a friend who is a little bit behind the times - she is running Fedora 10. There's an annoying Inkscape bug that bothers her - after searching the internet for a bit you found out the bug is fixed in Inkscape version 0.47.
- Is Inkscape version 0.47 available in Fedora 10 for your friend?
- goes to search box at the top
- types 'inkscape'
- clicks on inkscape in the search results
- goes right to the active releases table
- .47 pre-release only is available
- If Inkscape version 0.47 is not available for Fedora 10, can you download an SRPM here to build it for her?
- clicked on updates link in the package links. (not sure why)
- goes back to overview, and clicks on the top 'package details' tab
- finds it in the first tab - downloads
TASK SET II
- You need help with yelp. Who's the package maintainer?
- searches for 'yelp'
- Luke Macken is going away on vacation for a couple of weeks and he's asked you to look over his packages while he's gone. How many packages does he have, and do any of them need attention? Where would you go to look this up?
- goes to top search
- types 'luke macken'
- clicks on his name in the results
- not loading. FAIL (his profile doesn't load.)
- How would you file a bug against NetworkManager using this system?
- clicks on overview 'get back to center' he says
- goes to the top search box, types 'network manager'
- clicks result
- network manager details
- clicks on 'bugs' in the right sidebar
- he found it, but the page has an error loading.
- What has changed in the 'ruby' package over the last few updates? Where would you go to look this up?
- goes to top searchbox
- types 'ruby'
- clicks on ruby in the results
- looks at the right sidebar and clicks the 'changelog' item
- How's the karma of your current testing updates doing? How would you check up on this in Fedora Community?
- clicks on 'updates' in the right sidebar on the ruby changelog page (whoops)
- not correct
- goes to the overview tab, looks at 'latest builds'
- looks at the right sidebar and clicks 'pending updates'
- clicks 'unpushed'
- clicks 'testing'
- How well does Fedora Community support your package maintenance workflow?
- yes it does all
- Would you use Fedora Community to help maintain your packages? Which parts?
- yes, all of them
- Is there any essential functionality missing from Fedora Community that would help you maintain your packages more easily?
- can't think of any
- Did you learn anything about Fedora Community's functionality through this test?
- yes, very easy
- testing updates feature
- bugzilla integration
- What do you think is the most useful function of Fedora Community?
- package maintenance information on packages
- What are the least useful functions of Fedora Community?