To download a prebuilt Fedora LiveCD, visit the download page.
Fedora Live CD features
- Read-write rootfs so it's possible to install software while the livecd is running
- Install to hard disk or usb drives
- Use SELinux in enforcing mode and other security features by default
- Stay as close to a normal desktop install wrt. features
- Ability to create normal CD-ROM and CD-R media (less than 700MB) or DVD images
- Included best of breed software on the media
- Make it easy to do a derived livecd with your own repositories, packages and art work
- Data persistence
- API used by LTSP, appliance creator and others
- DavidZeuthen - Primary developer and maintainer of HAL and OLPC contributor
- JeremyKatz - Fedora Ninja. Adds backend for installing from a live CD into Anaconda
Fedora Live CD users and developers can participate and contribute in the discussions happening in the Fedora Live CD list
Finding the Code
The source code for the live CD tools is maintained in git. The repository is at 'git://git.fedoraproject.org/git/hosted/livecd' and can be browsed via the gitweb interface . You can install it easily by installing the 'livecd-tools' package.
Hard Drive Installation
The ability to install to the hard drive is available in Fedora 7 and above releases. After the live media boots, click on the install icon on your desktop to start the installation.
How to Create a Fedora Live CD
- LiveCD HowTo details how to create a Fedora Live CD using the Live CD Tools.
How to Install Live Image to USB Flash Drive
- To find out how to install Live Image to USB Flash Drive, please refer to this link .