m (Changed category)
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
Latest revision as of 18:09, 18 June 2010
The objective of the Final release is to:
- Provide a polished final release suitable for meeting the needs of our Target Audience
Final Release Requirements
In order to be the released to the general public, the Final Candidate (RC) must meet all of the following criteria. This is intended to make the decision process as clear and straightforward as possible. Mostly met items are incomplete until they are met. Optional and nice to have items should not be included in this list.
- All Fedora 13 Beta release criteria must be met
- All bugs blocking the F13Blocker tracker must be CLOSED
- The installer must be able to use all supported local and remote package source options
- The installer must be able to complete an installation using IDE, SATA, SCSI and iSCSI storage devices
- The installer must be able to create and install to any workable partition layout using any file system offered in a default installer configuration, LVM, software, hardware or BIOS RAID, or combination of the above
- The installer must be able to install into free space alongside an existing clean single-partition Windows installation and either install a bootloader which can boot into the Windows installation, or leave the Windows bootloader untouched and working
- All services in a default install must start properly
- In most cases, there must be no SELinux 'AVC: denied' messages or abrt crash notifications on initial boot and subsequent login (see Blocker_Bug_FAQ)
- All known bugs that can cause corruption of user data must be fixed or documented at Common_F13_bugs
- The installed system must run normally if the user chooses to install without SELinux
- Menu sanity - the following criteria refer to both a live image and default installed system
- All Applications listed in the desktop menus must have icons which have a consistent appearance and sufficiently high resolution to avoid appearing blurry
- All applications listed under the Applications menu must start successfully
- All applications listed under the Applications menu must withstand a basic functionality test and not crash after a few minutes of normal use. They must also have working Help and Help -> About menu items
- There must be no Other menu
- No application may unintentionally appear twice in the menus. In particular, items under System must not appear under Applications
- All elements of the default panel configuration must be functional
Final Blocker Bugs
A bug is considered a Final Blocker Bug if any of the following criteria are met:
- A bug in a Critical Path package that:
- Cannot be fixed with a future rawhide update
- Has a severity rating of high or greater and no reasonable workaround
- Bug hinders execution of required Final testplans or dramatically reduces test coverage
- Bug relates to an unmet Final Release Requirement (see above)
- If all of the Final Release Requirements are not met by 20:00 UTC on Tuesday the week prior to release day, the release will be delayed by one week so that the Final Release Requirements can be met.
- One week will be added to all remaining tasks in the release schedule, including the final release date.
- This decision will be made at the Go/No-Go Meeting.
Confirming Final Requirements
QA has the responsibility of determining whether the criteria for the release has been met (as outlined above) through discussion with Development and Release Engineering. QA's findings will be reviewed and discussed at the Go/No-Go Meeting.