The objectives of the Final release are to:
- A polished final release suitable for general public consumption--meeting the needs of our Target Audience
- Execute all Final test cases
- Close all F13Blocker blocker bugs
Final Release Requirements
In order to be the released to the general public, the Final Candidate (RC) must meet all of the following criteria. This is intentional to make the decision process as clear and straightforward as possible. Mostly met items are incomplete until they are met. Optional and nice to have items should not be included in this list.
- No unfixed bugs blocking the F13Blocker tracker
- No bugs in NEW or ASSIGNED
- All MODIFIED bugs have been verified
- All of the tests in the Fedora 13 Final Media Install test plan must be 100% executed
- All tests in the Fedora 13 Final Install Release test plan must be 100% executed
- All tests in the Fedora 13 Final Functional Release test plan must 100% executed
- The installed system boots and starts up properly
- The installed system is able to download updates with yum.
- No file conflicts during install
- Installer boots and runs on all primary architectures: i686 and x86_64
- The QA team has an installable testable Release Candidate for at least three full days (72 hours).
- All services in a default install start properly
- No SELinux 'AVC: denied' messages on initial boot and subsequent login
- No regressions in functionality in critical path packages from the previous major release
- Rescue mode does not start properly and detect/mount a default installation
- Rescue mode does not detect/mount RAID/LVM/dmraid/mdraid installations
- install.log and anaconda.log are be free of error messages.
- No unfixed or undocumented data corruptor bugs.
- The installed system runs normally if the user chooses to install without SELinux.
- In a default install, all applications with .desktop (ie all applications that appear in the menus) start successfully.
- All applications withstand a basic click-through test, e.g. have working help and about menu items.
- Menus sanity: All items have icons, and look ok together (ie no wild theme mix and blurry scaled icons)
- There is no "Other" menu
- No application appears twice in the menus--in particular, things under Settings do not appear under Applications.
- Panel: All elements of the default panel configuration are functional.
Final Blocker Bugs
A bug is considered a Final Blocker Bug if any of the following criteria are met:
- A bug in a Critical Path <<NEED LINK>> package that:
- Cannot be fixed with a future rawhide update
- Is part of the media kit
- Has a severity rating of high or greater and no reasonable workaround
- Bug hinders execution of required Final testplans or dramatically reduces test coverage
- Bug relates to an unmet Final Release Requirement (see above)
- If all of the Final Release Requirements are not met by Tuesday at 20:00 UTC (one week prior to release day) the release will be delayed by one week so that the Final Release Requirements can be met. One week will be added to all remaining tasks in the release schedule, including the final release date.
Confirming Final Requirements
QA has the responsibility of determining whether the criteria for the release has been met (as outlined above) through discussion with Development and Release Engineering. QA's findings will be reviewed and discussed at the Go/No-Go meeting.