This page is intended to gather feedback from the Fedora community on things that worked well and things that could have been better during the Fedora 15 release cycle, including (shifting the feature freeze until after FUDCon, NetworkManager 0.9, and so on). The feedback will be used as a basis for identifying areas for improvement for Fedora 16. Any thoughts, big or small, are valuable. If someone already provided feedback similar to what you'd like to add, don't worry ... add your thoughts regardless.
- Gwjasu - I like ____ about the new ____ process
Adding feedback is fairly straight forward. If you already have a Fedora account ...
- Login to the wiki
- Select [Edit] for the appropriate section below.
- Add your feedback using the format:
* ~~~ - I like ____ about the new ____ process
- When done, Submit your changes
Things that went well
- Jared Smith - BoxGrinder - I was very happy to see the BoxGrinder feature work well in Fedora 15, and even happier to see the efforts put into starting to get the packaging for parts of JBoss to a point where they can be included in Fedora.
- Bruno Wolff - slips - In sort of a mixed bag category, I thought the extra time provided by the two one week slips ended up with us releasing a better product. We had several ambitious features and the extra time seemed to be helpful for polishing them.
Could have been better
- Jared Smith -- NetworkManager bump - The move to NetworkManager 0.9 came after the feature freeze, and the Sugar desktop wasn't accounted for in the scramble to get alternate desktop environments working with it.
- Jared Smith -- artwork - There seemed to be a lack of consensus from the Design team on whether or not the artwork was considered ready or not
- Jared Smith -- systemd - The Fedora Packaging Committee had a hard time getting specifics from the systemd developers in a timely manner, which caused difficulties in creating packaging guidelines with respect to systemd
- Jared Smith -- marketing - The Fedora Project Leader left the Red Hat press release and web copy until the last minute, and it should have been done much earlier.
- Jared Smith -- translation - We switched from a self-hosted version of Transifex 0.8 to a hosted instance at transifex.net mid-way through the F15 release cycle. This caused many difficulties for the translation team, and I'm not sure how well the developers and packagers in Fedora understood the impact of the changes.
- Bruno Wolff -- spins - The Spins SIG leader got busy (with work I think) and we ended up making rushed (though reasonable) decisions (after a number of meetings didn't happen) on which spins should be produced.